Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can I call in UCCX during a conference call?

Hi All,

My requirement is as below, not sure if it can be done by UCCX:

1. Agent A talk with Customer A on the phone. (The call not going through UCCX yet)

2. Under some condition, a business trigger and agent A need to authenticate Customer A over the phone by DTMF signal.

3. (Not sure following steps can be used UCCX to achieve) Agent A start ad-hoc conference to UCCX  route point number (So now the conference call include Agent A, Customer A and UCCX)

4. By using UCCX script (UCCX connect to database for authentication of user), first step UCCX prompt for Customer ID and Agent A enter Customer ID of Customer A (This information is gathered in step one during communication between Agent A and Customer A)

5. UCCX then prompt again for password of Customer A, then Customer A enter the password. (During step 4 and 5, Agent A and Customer A  still need to communicate over the phone)

6. UCCX process rest of the script according to result of authentication then end the call without interrupting the communication between Agent A and Customer A (Just like a user leave an ad-hoc conference normally).

Can this process be achieved by UCCX?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Teru Lei

Everyone's tags (8)
2 REPLIES

Yes it can.

Good luck, and happy authenticating!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Just would like double confirm two things:

1. To add UCCX to conference, will there be any potential compatibility issue to make UCCX cannot handle a call perfectly (e.g. like signaling for conference).

2. During the authentication process, for security reason, Agent A cannot hear the DTMF tone from Customer A when Customer A entering the password (And for most cases the customers call from PSTN) since we have concern the agent can break the password through DTMF tone. Can I do that through UCCX?

Thanks a lot and if number 2 requirement can also achieve I will try to have a lab test first.

Best Regards,
Teru Lei

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content