When trying to add some like "skill" or update something like "Contact Service Queues" via CRSADMIN page, I got "There was an error in reading/updating database. Please contact your administrator".
Analysis: CRS SQL server history datastore (HDS) and CRS SQL server config datastore (CDS) were marked as invalid due to temp replication error during CRS upgrade, then node manager will not start SQL server history and config task, so update ICD config will fail.
Workaround: For HDS invalid datastore flag issue on CRS server,
Do the following LDAP change on CCM pub, using DC directory,
1. I changed the flag at location CCNApp-> Clusters-> ivr2->Nodes->1->NodeSpecific->Components-> CRS Historical Datastore->invalidDatastore from "true" to "false"
2. Restarted the publisher node CRS Node Manager
For CDS invalid datastore flag issue on CRS server:
1. Changed the flag at location CCNApp-> Clusters-> ivr2->Nodes->2->NodeSpecific->Components-> CRS Config Datastore->invalidDatastore from "true" to "false"
2. CRS Node Manager services on both nodes needs to be restarted.
3. On subscriber node CRS server, got to control center-> component activation page and deactivate both HDS & CDS and
These are the paths to get to each CCX logs through CLI. They may be helpful if you are having issues accessing RTMT or downloading logs through it.
If you want to download them you have to prefix "file get " and you can add one of the options (re...