Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot hear the ring

Hi there !

when clients are going to be handled by an agent, the client hears only one ring .. meanwhile the agents phone is ringing.. but the clients don't know..

1. how can I make the clients hear all the rings ?

2. is it possible that the clients don't hear the rings and stay listenning the MoH even when the agent phone is ringing ?

Thanks.

Andrei.

15 Replies 15

Andrei,

please explain your trouble bit more:

you cannot have caller listen to MoH when the agent phone is ringing. This is because when the agent is presented by a caller, the caller is removed from hold and presented to the agent with ringing event. If the agent does not pick caller can go back to MoH dependend on your script.

Goood luck,

Baseer.

Hi !

ok..

Hum.. as you said .." when the agent is presented by a caller, the caller is removed from hold and presented to the agent with ringing event"...

At this point I have a problem.. the caller does not hear the ring.. so the caller doesn't know what's happenning...

The correct would be the caller hear the ringing event...

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Andrei.

1) Create either ringback or MOH under Music on Hold Audio Source (Media Resource)

2) Put above MOH audio source under Network Hold Audio Source of JTAPI ports (Device --> Phone).

Andrew,

Quick question, I don't see a "ringback" option under the Music On Hold Audio Source section. I am using CM 6.0. Am I understanding this correctly?

-Shikamaru

Hi Shikamaru,

Hope all is well with you!

Here is a good reference. You should already have the ringback.wav file on board;

Q. How do I make the Music on Hold (MOH) as a ringback tone when using Cisco CallManager with IPCC?

A. When an ICD call rings an agent, the caller is put on hold by the CallManager. At this point, the CallManager MOH can be used to play a ringback tone to the ICD caller while waiting for the Agent to answer the phone. In order to set this up, you need to configure all the CTI ports Network Hold Audio Source as the wav file (ringback.wav) you want to play during the consult transfer.

Note: Make sure that the ringback.wav file is in the CallManager server and configured appropriately. There is a ringback.wav file in IPCC

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a0080094766.shtml#foura

This can be applied to the CTI Ports via the Device Pool (Network Hold MOH Audio Source) so it won't have any effect on other IP Phones. Also, leave the Network/User Hold Audio Source as standard for the Agent phones so that when they put someone on Hold the standard Audio MOH Source is played.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey rob,

When am I gonna treat you to a drink for all the times you've helped me? ;)

Your explanation makes sense. Really, it's a working illusion it sounds like. Whether the caller is in queue or is being forwarded to an agent they will hear ring back instead of MOH. I'm not sure if this will resolve a particular issue I'm working on. Let me explain;

I inherited an IPCC server in my new position. A vendor configured a script (a VERY convoluted script for such a basic queuing system in my opinion.) I guess the vendor never sat with the call center manager to get their view. It's set up so that when a DID is dialed into there is no message played at all; it goes straight to agents. Right now, it's set to play MOH when it tries to reach agents, which is REALLY confusing if you just dialed in. It sounds like the ringback.wav file would be "okay" if there is an agent available, but if the call is dumped to a queue it seems that the ringback.wav file will play indefinitely until an agent picks up (which would be worse, I think, then their current set up.)

What do you think?

-Shikamaru

Hi Shikamaru,

First off, you are most welcome my friend :) Maybe we'll have a virtual drink together tonight!

In this design, as long as the script checks for Agent availability before routing the call, it's all good. If you use the ringback.wav as decribed above the caller will here ringing at this point, again, all good. As you said, hearing MOH at this point is all bad :( very confusing.

When the call is dumped into the Queue, because no Agents are available it will play MOH. In most cases people use a custom MOH that includes music but more importantly lets callers know to "stay on the line as all our representatives are busy" and perhaps other informational text.

Once an Agent becomes available the call will route appropriately and the caller will now hear the ringback.wav.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Yes, that's pretty much exactly how I've been designing the subsequent scripts. There's a day and time check that looks for M-F 8-5. If that passes, it goes to a resource availability check. If that passes, it goes to an opening prompt that allows a caller to select between 2 languages. Then it gets sent to the queue. If no resources are logged in, it goes to the general mailbox. This scipt allows the call center the ability to shut down on holidays, even through it would still be M-F 8-5. I would have rathered put in a holiday schedule filter as well, but the documentation for creating one is confusing and no one in these forums has posted a response to my inquiries.

The documentation states that I have to add a Create Java Object, but in my CRS Editor pallette I only see a Create Remote Java Object. I have no idea how to figure this out. Have you run into this yourself?

-Shikamaru

Hi Shikamaru,

Looks good my friend! Sorry, I have never set this up so I can't help any further. 5 points for this nice discussion and for being a pleasure to deal with :)

Take care,

Rob

Thanks, Rob. I'll have a drink for you tonight ;)

-Shikamarunara

Well then, cheers! I'll have one for you Shikamaru :)

Rob

Shikamaru,

Create Java Object and Execute Java Method used to be there in the older versions of the CRS Editor. Now you can do all that with the Expression Editor.

If you build a custom Java class and pack it into a JAR, upload the JAR to the right place with App Admin and set the CLASSPATH in the Document Management screen, you can see your custom Java class and all its methods in the Expression Editor.

The user interface is a bit quirky to figure out how to change the class it's looking at, but once you figure it out, you will be able to use your class and the methods. You have to double-click on the class name and then type in your custom class name - it's not obvious.

Once you get a handle on the Expression Editor and how it can manipulate Java, you will see how powerful it is compared to the previous system.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

Thanks for replying, I had a hard time getting an explanation on this. My situation is that I don't work with Java at all, so my sole interest in creating a custom java class would only be for the holiday scheduling issue I've been trying to implement in my scripts.

Is there any document that can walk a stranger though this process? I would be very grateful for any help in this.

-Shikamarunara

Cisco Customer Response Solutions Expression Language Reference Guide, Release 4.0(x) Cisco CRS Scripting and Development Series: Volume 3.

You need to understand something of programming languages for the first couple of chapters. In your case, perhaps start at chapter 2.

It's a power-packed device, so hang in there.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: