Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot initialize default script variable

Hanan2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using Unified CCx Editor version 7.0(1.168). I created a script to be used instead of the system default script. According to the help file, "All script variables from the main script can initialize the default script variables, if the designer defines them using the same name and type". However, the variables in my default script are never initialized even though the same variables in the main script are changed before the main script terminates. I made sure they have the same name and type, but the values in the default script remain unchanged.

All the variables I am trying to pass are of type String, and initially they are all set to the empty string "" in both scripts.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking, but will try telling you this to see if it makes things clearer:

Basically the variables in each script (i.e. each .aef file) are unique to the .aef, there is no way to change a variable in one and have it directly affect the state of a variable in another. Even if you are looking at two executions of the same .aef script, the variables are unique/distinct instances; there is no concept of 'static' variables.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you for your reply. However, I am not trying to pass variables between different scripts, not even differerent instances of the same script. I am talking about the default script which is executed when the main script is not terminated properly.

The help file states that the variables in the default script are populated with the values of the same name and type from the main script.

Ah - I see what you mean.

I've just tried this on my 7.x and 8.x UCCX servers, and neither populate the variables as they should.

I haven't tried to do this before, but there doesn't seem to be anything specific we should do for the variables to be populated; it may be a bug?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Oh I hope it's not a bug, I need this feature urgently. But if it is a bug, what should I do? Where can I report it?

Thank you,

Henrik Larsen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi - it's an old thread, but I face same issue in UCCX 12.0.

I have made a very basic script and use this as default script for an application. I try to use the get trigger info step to get the reason for application exception which should be possible according to description. I have created a variable of object type, but I get no information in this variable when default script is activated - In same step I do get the application name, so probably I'm doing something wrong here.

Any inputs to how this is supposed to work any sample would be appreciated

Hi, I'm not a UCCX expert, but what happens if you run and debug it, can you post that and/or the script here, people may be able to assist more if they see what you have?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: