Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot start CCX Editor - no login screen

Hi,

i cannot start my CCX editor locally on my laptop with windows 7 pro until a couple of weeks. Usually a login/authentication screen will appear after a while. Not in my case.

I tried it with CCX Editor 8.5.1 and 9.0.2. Both are running perfect in the past. But currently the login/authentication screen will not appear. CCX Editor then stucks. So i can only kill the CCXEditor.. process in task manager.

What i have done to solve the problem:

- uninstall/install both editors

- cleaning registry (key words are: "wfavvid" and "CCX"

- searching for the reqiurements running CCX Editor with no success

- uninstall java completely

- uninstall .NET Framework completely

- deaktivate Comodo Firewall

- uninstall Comodo Firewall

- deaktivate windows firewall

Question:

What are the reqiurements to run CCX Editor on Windows OS?

Has somebody other expieriences with this issue?

• Contact Center
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found a solution in

I found a solution in another discussion. See

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12285941/ccx-105-script-editor-not-working-win7-enterrpise-64-bit

Seems to be related to the install directory

10 REPLIES

Hi,you don't need a separate

Hi,

you don't need a separate Java (JRE) on your computer, UCCX Editor comes with an embedded JRE.

.NET is not necessary either.

Are you sure there is no connectivity issue?

I would also try to run CCleaner to get rid all of the unnecessary registry keys.

The supported operating systems for the CCX Editor may be found in the UCCX compatibility matrix:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Compatibility_Matrix_for_Unified_CCX

G.

Hi Gergely, many thanks for

Hi Gergely,

many thanks for your reply.

My comments inline:

you don't need a separate Java (JRE) on your computer, UCCX Editor comes with an embedded JRE.

MN: Yes, i know. It´s located in the java folder from the ccxeditor (wfavvid_[version]/java).Version is 1.6.0_13 for ccx editor version 9.0.2

.NET is not necessary either.

MN: Okay, was an experiment worth

Are you sure there is no connectivity issue?

MN: Local firewalls are deinstalled or deactivated. The connection to the uccx server isn't established, because login screen is msissing.

I would also try to run CCleaner to get rid all of the unnecessary registry keys.

MN: I cleaned the registry manually, but will try it with ccleaner.

The supported operating systems for the CCX Editor may be found in the UCCX compatibility matrix:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Compatibility_Matrix_for_Unified_CCX

MN: Regardless of the OS compatibility, all the ccx editor version run on this computer before. OS is Windows 7 Pro 64bit (compatibel).

Hi,can you take a look at the

Hi,

can you take a look at the install dir of the CCX Editor? Can you see a log file? Or any file with a recent timestamp change?

G.

Hi Gergely, indead, there is

Hi Gergely,

indead, there is an log file folder there ([program folder]/log). But the log file therein is a shame for the programmer. One entry for every program start. No hints for an stucking process! The file names are stderr.log and stdout.log.

In the program folder himself is a install log (Cisco_Unified_CCX_Editor_[version]InstallLog.log) available. There is an summary in, that says:

Installation: Successful.

2162 Successes (in this case for CCX-Editor for 8.5.1)

0 Warnings

0 NonFatalErrors

0 FatalErrors

I'm runnig the ccleaner before installing CCX-Editor. I try also to start and/or install the CCX-Editor with an other windows user, a new one.

I deactivated the most services and many processes. All with no success.

Maybe it's running on the next laptop ;-)

Workaround: Start computer in safe mode (F8) with network drivers. Then the CCX-Editor runs fine.

Where can i find out, wich driver/program disturb the CCX-Editor?

Have you ever found the cause

Have you ever found the cause of this issue, I'm running into the same problem

8.5 work and 9.0.2 worked but 10.5 will not present me with a login screen i get a quick flash after launching the application and then nothing. There are no process indicating the application is stalled

Hi Ryan, no, i don't.  

Hi Ryan,

no, i don't.

I found a solution in

I found a solution in another discussion. See

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12285941/ccx-105-script-editor-not-working-win7-enterrpise-64-bit

Seems to be related to the install directory

Good catch, @Ryan.@Maic: can

Good catch, @Ryan.

@Maic: can you try that, too?

G.

Hi,the issue always occurs

Hi,

the issue always occurs for me when I install the CCX Editor and do not reboot the client. Then its just stuck in splash screen and does not move to the login screen. Rebooting after the installation fixes the problem.

But i think thats not your problem, you probably restarted several times by now, right? Nevertheless, just wanted to add this just in case :)

Regards,

Fabian

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.