cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM / CCX - CTI Route points vs CTI Manager ( CCM Group order )

Hi there,

I was wondering if it's ok If we have a different order of Call Manager node in the CCM group of the device pool for my CTI route points VS the order of the CCM in my CTI manager in CCX.

ex:

CTI PORT have  this CCM ORDER :

and CTI Manager in CCX : ( maximum 2 node)

During a failover, does everything is gona be fine ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The order in which you list your CTI managers (maximum of two) is dependant on the location of the CTI manager to UCCX.

So for example, if you had two data centers, A and B, and at A you had your UCCX and Subscriber 192.168.0.1, and at B you had Subscriber 192.168.03, then you would put Subscriber 192.168.0.1 on top of Subscriber 192.168.0.3.

This way the UCCX server connects to Subscriber 192.168.0.1, locally within data center A.

When Subscriber 192.168.0.1 fails at data center A, then UCCX would connect over the WAN to data center B to Subscriber 192.168.0.3.

If you have one subscriber, or all of your subs in the same place, then it probably doesn't matter in what order you put them in.

EDIT 1:

In accordance with the UCCX 7 SRND, the CTI Managers have to be in the same campus LAN.  But, that doesn't mean you shouldn't consider which Subscriber to place a priority on.

In accordance with the UCCX 8 SRND, the CTI Managers can be on a different LAN.  In which case my comments above apply.

EDIT 2:

In accordance with the UCCX SRND (7 & 8), you would only specificy two CallManagers in your CMG for the CTI RP's and Ports.  And these would be the same two, and in the same order as your CTI Manager list in AppAdmin.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The order in which you list your CTI managers (maximum of two) is dependant on the location of the CTI manager to UCCX.

So for example, if you had two data centers, A and B, and at A you had your UCCX and Subscriber 192.168.0.1, and at B you had Subscriber 192.168.03, then you would put Subscriber 192.168.0.1 on top of Subscriber 192.168.0.3.

This way the UCCX server connects to Subscriber 192.168.0.1, locally within data center A.

When Subscriber 192.168.0.1 fails at data center A, then UCCX would connect over the WAN to data center B to Subscriber 192.168.0.3.

If you have one subscriber, or all of your subs in the same place, then it probably doesn't matter in what order you put them in.

EDIT 1:

In accordance with the UCCX 7 SRND, the CTI Managers have to be in the same campus LAN.  But, that doesn't mean you shouldn't consider which Subscriber to place a priority on.

In accordance with the UCCX 8 SRND, the CTI Managers can be on a different LAN.  In which case my comments above apply.

EDIT 2:

In accordance with the UCCX SRND (7 & 8), you would only specificy two CallManagers in your CMG for the CTI RP's and Ports.  And these would be the same two, and in the same order as your CTI Manager list in AppAdmin.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: