cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Cluster Separation

Hina Jabeen
Level 1
Level 1

At this moment we have two sides, Side-A and Side-B. Side-A has 5 Subscribers and one Publisher where Side-B has 3 Subscribers having clustering over the WAN. Now we want to separate the clusters and for this we need one Publsiher at Side-B. Can anybody suggest a safer way to do this in production environment without any loss of data?

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are talking about splitting one CallManager into 2 clusters, then you will need to rebuild one of the subs as site B as a publisher, and the other subscribers to point to this new Pub.

Not sure what data loss are you referring to as all data is on the Publisher, so obviously you will need to configure the second cluster from start, by adding all entities, i.e. device pools, calling search spaces, paritions, etc.

Chris

What if I add one new hardware for publsiher at SideB ?

You can add a new one or rebuilt one all together, however the new pub will have to be completely reconfigured. Not sure if you would be able to do a BARS backup of the current pub and try to restore it in the new pub, I doubt this would work.

david

By installing new publisher, how can the already existing subscriber will point towards it ?? I am not getting this kindly explain in more detail

Chris

You seem to know what you are talking about. If I were putting in a new cluster and I had (2) datacenters that were active/active. I know I can split the cluster if my roundtrip time is ok (40ms) (1) pub and (x) subs.

for example, I had (1) pub and (3) subs at the primary datacenter and (4) subs at the secondary datacenter. Im sure this would work, but Im wondering how it works with (2) Pubs, or does it not work this way? I thought you could setup a cluster with (2) Publishers config in larger clusters.

Cheers!

Dear

Two data center separation means two separtae clusters and for this one publisher for one cluster. Itold you guys before we have one publsiher already and going to install new one for another side which only have 3 subscribers at the moment and the question is how to point 3 subscribers to this new publisher and how to transfer all data to this new publsiher?

Regards

Hina

Well, this is quite interesting,

What you want to accomplish can be done,

1. Build your new PUBS server Offline (i.e on a separate Vlan) & restore the BARS Backup

2. Take one of your Subscriber servers offline & re-build it again, making it a part of the new cluster. (on the Test Vlan)

3. Similarly follow these steps until you are left with the last subscriber.

4. Just before you take your final subscriber out, create a inter-cluster trunk on PUBS callmanager on both Side with relevant configs.

5. Make the Last Subs Callmanager offline & connect the Pubs Server, check if phones register to the callmanager & connectivity is fine.

6. Incase you face any issues, the last Subs server that you took offline, bring it up again & troubleshoot the problem with the new built Pubs CCM.

This way you dont run the risk of losing connectivity on the other site.

Let me know incase you have any other concerns

Thank you I will try and than let you know

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: