cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 5.0(2) SR2 to SR3 upgrade issue

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Good day.I'm going to upgrade our ccx 5.0(2) from SR2 to SR3.

As i found out in manual,before upgrade,i should copy wfavvid folder to another location.

But there's no any step what i need to do with this directory then.

My question: after upgrade,is there need to replace updated folder with backed up one?

Or this folder need to be copied only if upgrade was unsuccessfull?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Turnbow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think the copy of wfavvid is simply a safeguard in case you have problems with the upgrade.  You do not want to copy that directory back after the upgrade otherwise.  Just copy it to another location for safeguard and run the upgrade.  Restart when prompted and you should be good to go.  If all is well after testing you can get rid of the copied wfavvid directory.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Michael Turnbow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think the copy of wfavvid is simply a safeguard in case you have problems with the upgrade.  You do not want to copy that directory back after the upgrade otherwise.  Just copy it to another location for safeguard and run the upgrade.  Restart when prompted and you should be good to go.  If all is well after testing you can get rid of the copied wfavvid directory.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks a lot for your help.

I'll try now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: