cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 7.0 Create Generated Prompt Date Test

c3max
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to create a test timestamp prompt using the Create Generated Prompt step.

I didn't hear anything at first, so I added the welcome system prompt.

Here is what I have so far and I still hear nothing when I play the Generated Prompt:

script.jpg

creategen.jpg

What can I do to test?

Thanks,

-C

16 Replies 16

c3max
Level 4
Level 4

I changed it to this and it works, so what is broken above?

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks good to me.

Here is was I just did in UCCX 8.5 and it worked.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

I wonder if it has something to do with the day: Date.dom....dom may not return the proper day value, but I thought it would.  I'll keep playing around with it.

Thanks

Chase

D[now].dom and D[now].date should return the same value.  They are basically identical.  Might be a glitch.

Thanks for the rating Chase.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony,

So how could I go about Uploading this timestamp prompt to the server.  As far as I can tell, only the Recording step creates a Document that can be used to upload a prompt.  How do I create a Document from a Generated Prompt or is it even possible?

Thanks,

Chase

It's very complicated... just kidding.

You type "(Document)" in front of your variable name.  So easy it's confusing?  Here, just check out this screenshot.

uccx-prompt-to-document.png

I have attached the wav file from this script for your listening enjoyment.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony,

I think I know what you mean, but I can't see your last screenshot for some reason.

-Chase

Huh, I cannot see it either.  The forums must have lost it.

It was a screenshot of the Upload Prompt step where I type this into the Document field:

(Document) output

And output is my prompt variable.

Anthony Holloway

Got it.

I was wondering if it would be more efficient coding if I just wrote an XML document with the date in it and had my playback script play a generated prompt from the value in that XML document instead of playing an already generated prompt.

Any idea if one way is better than the other?

-Chase

It all depends on the big picture.  But if I had to make a recommendation based on the information I know at this time, I would say do it with the XML solution.  I say that only because, if you upload all these prompts into the prompt repo, then how do you plan to keep it clean and purge the older prompts out?  That can become a problem for you.

Anthony Holloway

I am setting up a MOTD-type of message with an admin script and a playback script.  The admin script will reuse the same timestamp prompt, but will update it each time it updates the playback script.  So I am just utilizing 1 prompt file over and over, but yeah...I see your point if I were generating multiple files.  I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for your help.

-Chase

And the big picture becomes a little clearer.  Ok, so you have a single filename, and the contents of that file are what's changing?  That wouldn't be a problem.  Now it's down to scalbility and flexability of the scripting solution.

It's funny you mention this too.  I was just looking at how to pull the last modified date from a document within the repo and came up short.  The built-in document methods to get that information return bad values for some reason.

Anthony Holloway

That is exactly what I was wanting to do too (look at the modified date), but then I realized that the users would need to use the admin script to make a change, so why not dynamically create the timestamp using the admin script after each update.

Support communities are great!

-Chase

Three cheers for support communities! hip hip horray!

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: