Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CCX 8.0.2 no longer plays holiday greetings

Hello All,

I have CCX express with an acd that I am having intermittent problems with the closed holiday prompt.

I verified the holiday format "02/17/14" when I set up the Christmas and New Years holidays. These both worked. But over presidents day it will

no longer go to the closed holiday greeting on the date in question. I do see the system shows partial service under "Cisco Unified Telephony subsystem"

I did a "system utils restart" no joy, then I did a data and Jtapi resync. without error.

It basically stopped working. Not sure where to start as I am totally new to CCX.

Any reply appreciated.

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY

Re: CCX 8.0.2 no longer plays holiday greetings

You've come to the right place for this kind of help; however, there's still a small possibility you may be running into a defect, and will likely need the assistance of Cisco TAC (software patch).

Ok, for starters, do you know how to test this failure on demand?  Do you know how to reactive debug a phone call in the editor?  If yes and yes, then can you modify the Play Prompt step so that it does not continue on prompt errors and then reactive debug a test call to see what pop up error message it shows you?

If you don't know how, here's a few steps to follow:

1. Open and log into the editor
  2. File > Open > Repository > Default > (to open the script in question)
  3. Right click the Play Prompt step, select Properties
  4. Goto the second tab (Prompt) and set Continue on Prompt Errors to False
  5. Click OK to close the Properties dialog
  6. Click Save (File > Save)
  7. Login to UCCX AppAdmin (the web page where you administer UCCX)
  8. Go to Applciations > Application Management
  9. Click the refresh icon next to your Application
  10. Back to the editor and setup a reactive debug (CTRL+Shift+R) for your script (timeout can be 30 sec)
  11. Place a call into the Trigger for your application
  12. In the editor Press F10 to step over each step one by one until you get to the Play Prompt step (it may not even error)

If you can, can you supply us with the value in your Play Prompt step's Prompt tab's Prompt input field?  Then, can you show us a screenshot of your Prompt repository confirming that the prompt exists?  Lastly, can you upload the prompt here so we can hear it?

Another option...there's 100 ways to skin this cat...

Create a brand new blank script, app, and trigger and simply put these steps in the script to just focus on the failed prompt:

Start

Accept (--Triggering Contact--)

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[yourholidaypromptname])

Terminate (--Triggering Contact--)

End

Post back.  Good luck.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Views
Helpful
Replies