cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 8.5.1 su3 - Record / Monitor Error

davidblair
Level 1
Level 1

"Error VOIP2096 Unable to get the MAC address for extension [xxxx] from he VOIP service [x.x.x.x]. Corba exception [TRANSIENT] returned."

Fresh install. The phone we're testing with is a 7940. Span to PC is on. The agent is the one tossing the error above, so it's getting the request from Supervisor to start a monitor session.

Gonna test the network card next to see if it's switching to promiscuous mode, then I'll be searching the bug toolkit.

Wondered if anyone else has been having problems with this in su3?

DB

3 Replies 3

jrezab
Level 1
Level 1

I have having the exact issue since migrating to a VMWARE install of UCCX.

Did you get this resolved?

TIA

Unfortunately, I haven't. The customer originally posted that things were working, then later said that it's hit and miss, in the same day with the same agent a supervisor could get a good recording and an error recording. The priority is pretty low so they haven't gotten back to me with any more information for a TAC case.

I have one other customer that is having issues with Recording/Monitoring on SU3, and another with SU2 that will soon be upgrading. The other customer on SU3 is so burned out on Cisco and TAC requests that they've stopped providing me information and want a Cisco tech on site. They're tired of tying up their own staff troubleshooting the issue.

I feel your pain - dealing with a few bugs with SU3 now and the customer is getting tired of it. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: