cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 8.5: How to tell agent is on outbound call.

John Irey
Level 1
Level 1

Scenario:

One agent is logged in and is on an outbound call, made from the IPCC line (phone only has one line) so the system sees them as not-ready (code 32762).

The customer would like to queue calls in this case, but not queue calls if the agent is in not ready for other reasons (like RNA, or lunch).

Through conventional scripting, I can see how many agents are logged in, talking, ready, not ready, etc.  I can't see the reason code though for not ready agents.  I beileve the database record is written after the state changes, so I don't think I could query the database for this either.

Any thoughts on how I could find this out so that I can queue those calls?

thanks

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John,

As you've come to find out, reason codes are not exposed to the UCCX scripting engine. If you absolutely need to check reason codes you have two options that I can think of:

1. Query the informix database for the code

2. Check a CTI server for the information

Option one has the drawback of you know the agent to query, in additional the informix database is not 100% up to date and it is quite possible the data will not be written in a reasonable amount of time for your request.

Option two is the best option, CTI exposes real-time events that can be captured and analyzed including reason codes and wrapup data. Unfortunately, accessing the CTI service is not a trivial task if you are starting from scratch. There are only a few third party vendors (myself included) that have CTI applications built for the UCCX and can provide the information.

For your purpose, you may want to consider finding an alternative if option one does not work. Option 2 requires an investment that may be hard to justify for this one issue.

If CTI is the only way to go for your requirements please don't hesitate to reach out to myself to discuss further.

HTH

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

duane basterash
Level 1
Level 1

They way my company does it is we have an agent logged in < 1 check. If it is true, which means no one is logged in, it plays a prompt and then sends them to voicemail. Then we send them to the agents in ready state check which sends call to agent or into a queue loop.

Thanks Duane.  I normally would do just a logged in agent check, but in this case the customer is worried about agents leaving for the day without logging out.  They dont have a schedule either, so it makes it hard to write business rules around it.  Agents not logging out, to me, is a training issue, but they want to script around it. 

So if I have one agent logged in and they had an RNA and are not ready, I have agents logged in= agents not ready.

The problem is that if I have an agent on an outbound call, I also have agents logged in = agents not ready.

I have seen other posts about this same topic.  I am hoping for some out of the box approach at querying the DB or some other trick to find the answer of wether an agent is talking on an outbound call.

Thanks!

John

John,

As you've come to find out, reason codes are not exposed to the UCCX scripting engine. If you absolutely need to check reason codes you have two options that I can think of:

1. Query the informix database for the code

2. Check a CTI server for the information

Option one has the drawback of you know the agent to query, in additional the informix database is not 100% up to date and it is quite possible the data will not be written in a reasonable amount of time for your request.

Option two is the best option, CTI exposes real-time events that can be captured and analyzed including reason codes and wrapup data. Unfortunately, accessing the CTI service is not a trivial task if you are starting from scratch. There are only a few third party vendors (myself included) that have CTI applications built for the UCCX and can provide the information.

For your purpose, you may want to consider finding an alternative if option one does not work. Option 2 requires an investment that may be hard to justify for this one issue.

If CTI is the only way to go for your requirements please don't hesitate to reach out to myself to discuss further.

HTH

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Thanks Tanner.  This was kind of what I was thinking.  In my experiece with wallboards, the reason code entries are not written until after the next event occurs.  I will verify this, but that pretty much leaves us with option 2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: