Cisco Support Community
Community Member

CCX 8.5 OVA template with 4x 146G HD

Hi guys,

I'm currently in the process of upgrading my client's CCX environment from 7.0(1)SR5 on existing MCS 7835 hardware to CCX 8.5(1) on UCS C-series 210-M2.

The install guide for CCX 8.5 table 6 on page 16 showed that MCS 7845 with 4x 146G HD is supported.

This is to support a maximum 20G HR DB so that the client can keep 3 yrs worth of historical records.

However when I look in DocWiki to find the appropriate OVA template, unfortunately there isn't an equipvalent one that's available for it.

All the vDisk on these OVA templates for CCX 8.5 are only for 2x 146G HD.

Does anyone know where I can download the appropriate OVA template for CCX 8.5 with 4x 146G HD?

Or is this a gap that Cisco is not aware of?

Kind regards

Everyone's tags (4)

CCX 8.5 OVA template with 4x 146G HD

Hi Daniel,

1. As part of this this upgrade UCCX 7.x to 8.5, the maximum historical  data that you can bring it to the new version is either 10GB or 51 weeks  of old data. The PUT tool will not allow you to take backup exceeding  10GB of historical data, it will prompt a message saying that you need  to purger the oldest data before proceeding with a successful backup.

Please refer the below link for it.

2. Also discussed with the UCCX development team on the requirement of having an OVA template with 146*4 but as of now its not there.

What that means is you can have a max of 13GB of HR Database with the 146*2 GB HDD's in the currently existing OVA templates for UCCX.

Hope it clarifies.

Anand Choudhari

Please rate helpful posts..

CreatePlease to create content