cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 8 Script Repository?

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

I need to find some examples for recording and uploading system message recordings for the new CCX8 platform (especially with regard to where exactly new recordinfs are stored in which directories, how to refer to those directory paths in the variables, etc.)  The most current script repository only has examples for CCX7 (Windows).

9 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

chrismanuh
Level 1
Level 1

The process remains the same:

1. Use the Recording step to record your message.

2. Use the "Get User" and "Authenticate User" step to authenticate yourself to the server.

3. Use the "Upload Prompt" to upload your recordings

When uploading the prompts, provide a relative path name instead of absolute path. the file will be uploaded to Documents/Users/language folder. you can reference the uploaded file with just P[filename_here]

View solution in original post

You can use a password or use a PIN. a PIN maybe a bit secure since its usage as compared to password is limited.

If you intend to upload a prompt, then you need to authenticate before you could do so.  To authenticate, you need a user object to authenticate with. so yes, you need a get user object.  it's very simple to use depending on your security requirements.

the simplest method is:

1. create a variable and assign your userid to it.

2. Create another variable of type "User"

3. Drop a "Get User" object to your script. Right click and choose properties. Set the UserID to the variable you created in step 1. Select the user object you created in step 2 to the "Output User" field. you're done.

To authenticate, drop the "Authenticate User step, and choose properties. for the "User" field, select the variable you created in step 2 above. You have an option to provide a PIN or password. choose one and provide the corresponding value.

Here's a sample script that shows how this might work.

here's an updated script which includes the recordings and upload

I have added the Upload Document step to the previous sample script, which demonstrate how the Upload Document should work.

The script steps should be exactly the same as what you had in the version 7 script so copy from there. the only thing different is instead of a Write Document step, you'll replace that with Upload Document.

I have added a step at the bottom to ask for the telephone number, generate an xml string, then upload the xml data to the server.

In the Upload Prompt step, there's a field to specify the language. enter L[en_US] to upload to the en_US subfolder.

21 Replies 21

chrismanuh
Level 1
Level 1

The process remains the same:

1. Use the Recording step to record your message.

2. Use the "Get User" and "Authenticate User" step to authenticate yourself to the server.

3. Use the "Upload Prompt" to upload your recordings

When uploading the prompts, provide a relative path name instead of absolute path. the file will be uploaded to Documents/Users/language folder. you can reference the uploaded file with just P[filename_here]

Chris,

I've not used the Authenticate User step before.  Does this mean that I need to enter my password at some point?

You can use a password or use a PIN. a PIN maybe a bit secure since its usage as compared to password is limited.

How is Get User used?  Do I create a corresponding prompt that goes, "Please enter user extension then password?"  Can you give an example?

Also, do I necessarily need the Get User step?

If you intend to upload a prompt, then you need to authenticate before you could do so.  To authenticate, you need a user object to authenticate with. so yes, you need a get user object.  it's very simple to use depending on your security requirements.

the simplest method is:

1. create a variable and assign your userid to it.

2. Create another variable of type "User"

3. Drop a "Get User" object to your script. Right click and choose properties. Set the UserID to the variable you created in step 1. Select the user object you created in step 2 to the "Output User" field. you're done.

To authenticate, drop the "Authenticate User step, and choose properties. for the "User" field, select the variable you created in step 2 above. You have an option to provide a PIN or password. choose one and provide the corresponding value.

Hey Chris,

I followed the steps you outlined and have a couple of questions.  I kind of expected the steps to prompt me to enter a pin for authentication, but when I run a reactive debug, it looks like it gets my userID from my phone (user extension).  It populates the User variable with what it finds.  Is this how it's supposed to work?  Also, anyway, it seems to not be authenticating properly.

Here's a sample script that shows how this might work.

I can't thank you enough, Chris.  This sample script is a huge help and it appears that I am authenticating properly now.  I'm still having problems uploading the prompt, however.  I am making it the the Recording and Upload Prompt steps, and the script shows that the file is being created (the output is FILE[/opt/cisco/uccx/temp/1286555593909@fe3a51.wav]), but I don't see it anywhere in the prompt directories.  Any ideas?

here's an updated script which includes the recordings and upload

Chris, thank you so much, this is exactly the example I needed to get this going.  Was able to upload a prompt and playback with no problems.  I can't thank you enough.

Hi Chris,

Quick question along the same lines - another part of my script requires changing an oncall pager number.  In the past, I've used a Write Document step to write an .xml file with the new number, which is in turn referenced by another script that uses it to make after hours routing decisions.  It sounds like Upload Document should be used instead (especially in this instand of HA, no?)  I'm, again, not able to write the document to the server, do you have an example that I can refer to?

I have added the Upload Document step to the previous sample script, which demonstrate how the Upload Document should work.

Thanks, Chris.  I worked the Upload Document problem since the last post.  The last part I'm working on is generating an XML document based on the digits input so that this document can be referenced by the call center script to reroute calls to a cell phone during off-hours.  I'm having difficulty adapting how it used to be done with how it should be done.   I need to work out how to create an XML document containing the digit string that can be subsequently uploaded (as you mentioned) to CCX so that it can be referenced.  Is there a good sample script showing how it might be done?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: