Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX agent unable to login after changing the phone

jiehong ye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have one Agent who can't log in since I  changed his phone this morning.

Uses Extension Mobility to logon to phone, then logs onto Agent.

Swapped phone out this morning and added MAC of new phone to RMUser on CM.

Error message is Login failed due to a configuration error with your phone and JTAPI or Unified CM.

If I login to the same phone with my EM profile and then logon to the Agent that works fine. Any help would

be appreciated.

Jay

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you change the phone association on the agent user besides the rmuser?

Chris

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Did you subscribe the Extension Mobility profile on the other phones as well?

Thanks,

Anand

yes, I have subscribed the EM profile and associated the phone with RMuser and JTAPI user.

Hi,

Please check the below points.

Unsupported Configurations for Agent Phones:

The following configurations are not supported for agent phones:

•Two lines on an agent’s phone that have the same extension but exist in different partitions.

•A Unified CCX extension assigned to multiple devices.

•Configuring the same Unified CCX extension in more than one device profile, or configuring the same Unified CCX extension in any combination of device profiles and devices. (Configuring an Unified CCX extension in a single device profile is supported.)

•In the Unified CM Administration Directory Number Configuration web page for each Unified CCX line, setting Maximum Number of Calls to a value other than 2.

•In the Unified CM Administration Directory Number Configuration web page for each Unified CCX line, setting Busy Trigger to a value other than 1.

•Configuring a Cisco Unified IP Phone with Secure Real-Time Protocol (SRTP) for use in silent monitoring and recording.

•No Cisco Unified Communications Manager device can be forwarded to the Unified CCX extension of an agent.

•The Unified CCX extension of an agent cannot be configured to forward to a Cisco Unified CCX route point.

•Use of characters other than the numerals 0–9 in the Unified CCX extension of an agent.

•Configuring the Unified CM intercom feature.

•Configuring the hold reversion feature.

Thanks,

Anand

Just forgot to add one more point.

Please ensure that CTI enabled for the other phones where Agent is trying to login using EM.

Thanks,

Anand

You are probably running into bug ID: CSCtx48427

There are some work around's listed but no fix yet.

What happens is that it remembers the agents old phone. When the agent try's to login to CAD it try's to reference the old phone and fails with an error as the phone is no longer registered to UCM. If you can re-connect the old phone to UCM and let it register you will find the agent can log in.

The solution is to have the agent logout of extension mobility before you disconnect the phone.

Graham

jiehong ye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

thanks for replying. I have resolved this issue. The workaround is:

go to RMuser, disassociate the old MAC and new MAC, jump to UCCX, under desktop administrator, do a synchronization directory number. then add the new MAC back to RMuser, do a sync again. agent can now login