Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCX, Database, Script, Pop-up..... 6 Questions, and maybe more.

Dears

I need some help here

Due to the increased number of customer requesting for Database Integration with CCX, I have some questions to ask, just to clear some dimmed points.

I read that CCX Script editor has four steps for DB integration, (DB Get, DB Read, DB write and DB Release) I also read the example in the site in this link (which it didn’t answer all my questions)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a00800c49d5.html

My design Questions are:

1)      Am I going to use the same MS SQL of CCX7.0? Or should I use separate SQL Server.

2)      If I want the caller to enter a reference number, say 12345, how can I let the system to search this no. in the database, and return the results which contain name of the caller, phone number and address?

3)      Do I have to make one table which contains all this information? or more than one?

4)      How can I pop all this data to CAD?

5)      What if the customer wants to unify the process of interacting with system, i.e. Instead of letting his agent dealing with CAD and Database Interface, I want to pop up all this information to the Agent’s database interface only, how I can export this information to it?

6)      If I want to use the integrated browser, to do the same task as the previous point, how can I achieve this?

I know that this is a lot of questions and not easy to answer in one thread (I guess), but it wasn’t an easy task to find direct answers in the support forums, on the other hand, I think it will be helpful for any other engineer looking for the same answers under one topic

If anyone have an example script, it will be excellent

Best regards all

AT

4 REPLIES

Re: CCX, Database, Script, Pop-up..... 6 Questions, and maybe mo

1)      Am I going to use the same MS SQL of CCX7.0? Or should I use separate SQL Server.

SQL offbox please.  It's unsupported to modify the SQL instance on UCCX.

2)      If I want the caller to enter a reference number, say 12345, how can I let the system to search this no. in the database, and return the results which contain name of the caller, phone number and address?

This is a standard SQL statement:

select name, phone1, address from customers where reference_id = '12345'

You use the DB Read step to perform the lookup, and the DB Get step to retrieve the record(s).

3)      Do I have to make one table which contains all this information? or more than one?

The script editor does not handle multiple tables well, or at all.  One option is to create a view, and use the view like a table, or to do like you suggest, and just place all of your data in one table.  Of course, your DBAs might have something to say to you.

4)      How can I pop all this data to CAD?

Enterprise Data.  There's three peices, the Set Enterprise Call Info step, the Enterprise Data Field, and the Layout.

5)      What if the customer wants to unify the process of interacting with system, i.e. Instead of letting his agent dealing with CAD and Database Interface, I want to pop up all this information to the Agent’s database interface only, how I can export this information to it?

Key stroke macros is probably your only integration.  I don't know your environment, so other techniques may work.  You basically tell CAD what keystrokes it needs to take, in order to enter/insert data into a 3rd party application window.  It's messy, but it gets the job done.

6)      If I want to use the integrated browser, to do the same task as the previous point, how can I achieve this?

HTTP Actions.  But you need a web based application that can do something useful with the data.  i.e., a web based ticket portal, where a caller's ticket number can be passed as input, and the browser brings up the ticket details as output.

Sounds to me like, you just need to play around with the product.  Go on and get one for your lab, and just explore.  It's so much fun.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks Anthony, excellent answer –as usual-

But how can I integrate the retrieved data from the database with the pop-up screen and the 3rd party application, in other words, how can forward what I retrieved from the database to:

1. Enterprise Data
  2. Keystroke      Macros

AT

The flow is like this:

1. Prompt caller for reference id

2. Collect reference id from caller

3. Input validation of reference id (don't except null, too short, too long, all zero's etc.)

4. DB Read step to query the DB

5. DB Get step to retrieve first record

6. Result set validation (did we receive good data from DB?)

7. Set Enterprise Call Info step to store the data in Enterprise Data fields (these are defined in CDA)

Optionally, you can create a new layout, and change the user.layout value in the Set Ent Call Info step, or you can just modify the default layout to include your new Enterprise fields.

Once the data is at the Agent's desktop, in CAD, you can launch actions based on that data.  Either automatically, with event triggered actions (ring, answer, drop) or button presses (task button 1, 2, 3, etc).

One of the actions is that keystroke macro.  It's an art form really, very little science to it.

There are far more advanced ways of integrating CAD with 3rd party apps, but they are so specific it would be near impossible for me to tell you how to do it on these forums.

Just think about this:  programmers can make a computer do anything, right?  So, have a program that does what you want, then launch that program with CAD's launch external app, passing it some enterprise data.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

CCX, Database, Script, Pop-up..... 6 Questions, and maybe more.

Hello Anthony,

Would you have anything script basic example with theres conditions?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content