cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX editor not opening in XP VirtualBox envirnment

MLARRIMORE_2
Level 1
Level 1

I install Windows XP in VirtualBox and the installed UCCX editor but when i tried to open it, it appears for about half a second then disappears or does not come up at all. It's version 7.0(1.443) any assistance would be great.

8 Replies 8

prashraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marsha,

The only supported OS platforms for the CCX editor with UCCX 7 are:

Win 2000 Professional

Win XP Professional

Win XP Professional SP2

Win Vista (Ultimate and Business)

Win XP Professional SP3

Prashanth

The OS is Win XP Professional SP3 i want to know if it can be runned in a virtual environment because it will not open at all. Or what may be the issue with it running in the virtual environment.

I've run the script editor on a Virtual Box XP machine before, without issue. Version 7 and 8.

Brian

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Marsha,

Try uninstalling the current java version in the VM and reinstall the CCX editor and let the editor install decide on the java version. Had this happen in a VMware environment before.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

i tried uninstall the java and the CCX Editor, reinstall the CCX editor and it still does not open. This is the first time i tried this the Editor in VM.

Hello Marsha,

Did you even find a solution for this issue? I am having the same problem, Windows XP SP3 in Virtual Box and the CCX Editor is failing to start...

Thx in advance

Sergio

Hi again,

I have found a solution, copy the file "msvcr71.dll" to Windows/system, don`t ask me why but it works...

Sergio

I did not resolve that specific issue but i was able to open and work with CCX editor in windows7. Right click CCX editor go to properties then click on the compatibility TAB then check the Disable visual themes and you will be able to edit script without the errors. I don't know if that helps because i was using the Virtal mechine because using the Editor in Win7 was giving me errors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: