Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Engine Shutdown - UCCX 802 on VMWare

wenqianyu
Level 3
Level 3

All,

Installing UCCX 802SU3 on VMWare. CUCM version is 8.5.1SU3. Checked compatibility matrix and these two are compatible.

I am using VMWare Server 2.0 as a Host. VM Server configured:

Red Hat Enterprise 4 (32 Bit)
2 x CPU
4 GM RAM
2 x 146 GB HD
SCSI Controller is LSI Logic

Install was successful. I used a temporary license that was working for a UCCX 802SU3 system on physical server (MCS 7845). Initial configuration was successful.

When in UCCX Serviceability page > Control Centre, following three services are SHUTDOWN:

Cisco Unified CCX Engine
  Manager Manager
  Subsystem Manager

I tried to start CCX Engine, they went to starting --> Partial Service --> Shutdown. All other services are IN SERVICE.

I have tried Demo License and the same problem happened.

Anyone knows about this problem? If any of you successfully installed UCCX 802 on VMWare, I would like find out how your VM Server be configured.

Thanks,

Wenqian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wenqian,

CUCM nor UCCX are not compatible with VMWare Server, only VMWare ESXi 4.0+, so if this is a production environment you are running on unsupported platform.

I am not saying that it is your issue though for the service failure, your only to figure out what the issue is to look into UCCX logs, starting with MIVR logs. You can gather the logs by using RTMT application.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wenqian,

CUCM nor UCCX are not compatible with VMWare Server, only VMWare ESXi 4.0+, so if this is a production environment you are running on unsupported platform.

I am not saying that it is your issue though for the service failure, your only to figure out what the issue is to look into UCCX logs, starting with MIVR logs. You can gather the logs by using RTMT application.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for reply. I looked at logs and could not see a clear reason why those services are in SHUTDOWN. The system is in Lab for Testing purpose. I will get ESXi 4.1 working and then do an installation again.

Thanks,

Wenqian

Just an update about this issue.

I have installed UCCX 802SU3 on VMWare using ESXi 4.1. All services started.

Thanks Chris for your suggestion

Wenqian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: