Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Monitoring

Hy,

can someone give me a hint, what services can be monitored by the CCX make sense?

Thanks

Ben

5 Replies 5

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ben,

Do you want to monitor the UCCX services or UCCX to monitor someone else's services ?

Sorry the description is not so clear.

GP.

Hi,

I want to monitor the UCCX services with the tool nagios.

Ben

Ben,

I've seen customers using Nagios with UCCX 7.x & earlier but UCCX 8.x onwards it's Linux platform which is hardened OS as well ( i.e. no add-on apps can be installed ). So if it's UCCX 8.x, then no monitoring agents can be applied on to UCCX server.

For Linux based UC Apps, we can use RTMT to monitor the server. Please refer http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851us.pdf

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

Hi,

Along with RTMT tool, you can check the health of the different UCCX subsystems by  through web interface, please navigate to Cisco  Unified CCX Serviceability->Tools ->Network services->Cisco  Unified CCX Engine->Susystem Manager.

You could also also watch for Real Time Reports (RTR) from UCCX Admin->Tools->Real Time Reports for checking the Rejected call (Abandoned + Aborted) reports.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi Benjamin,

I am too looking for pointers when it comes to monitoring the ccx 7 using nagios. Till now we have only monitored it by pinging it. After a second failure which I did not notice since the server was up, I believe I should monitor more than just the server being pingable. Now I'm wondering if you did manage to set this up and if yes what services/processes your are monitoring?

regards,

Michell

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: