Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Not Routing External Calls to Agent

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

So I have a setup of CCX 11.0 and CUCM 11.0.

Internal calls work fine, so if I dial the CTI Route point internally from a phone connected to CUCM, it hits the script, plays a prompt and then transfers the caller to the CSQ where a logged in and ready agent can answer it.

If the Agent is busy, it plays MOH.

However, calls that route in from our provider, into the CUBE then via a SIP trunk to CUCM, then have a translation pattern onto the CTI route point seem to go OK in that they hit the script and play the prompt but once they attempt the transfer to a ready agent, the call abruptly ends!

Even if the agent is not ready and its means to go to MOH, the call ends just after the prompt.

Its the same script internally as externally?

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I did a debug of CCSSIP Messages on the CUBE GW and found it was giving me the following error when it tries to transfer the call from the CSQ onto the CTI ports:

SIP/2.0 502 Bad Gateway

After a bit of checking between the live and lab environments, I found I had not checked the 'Media Termination Point Required' on the SIP Trunk to the CUBE in the lab environment!

It doesn't seem to need it for the initial routing of the call to CCX but once it transfers back out of CCX to the CTI port, this setting seems to be required.

Thanks for your input anyway.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

I would start looking into issue by looking at the gateway traces:

please do debug of voice ccsip messages as given here and attach them here for us to look at along with caller info.

I did a debug of CCSSIP Messages on the CUBE GW and found it was giving me the following error when it tries to transfer the call from the CSQ onto the CTI ports:

SIP/2.0 502 Bad Gateway

After a bit of checking between the live and lab environments, I found I had not checked the 'Media Termination Point Required' on the SIP Trunk to the CUBE in the lab environment!

It doesn't seem to need it for the initial routing of the call to CCX but once it transfers back out of CCX to the CTI port, this setting seems to be required.

Thanks for your input anyway.

That must be because the CTI ports do not support in-band DTMF RFC2833 method, try negotiating SIP KPML or SIP notify and see if that works without you checking the media termination point required checkbox.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: