Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCX Reporting

Hello All, I have a situation where the customer would like to be able to report on every menu and submenu that is presented to the caller (see example below). I'm sure this can be done; however, I'm not sure as to the best way to achieve the desired solution. Initially I planned on making each Menu and Submenu and 'Application' but this could become quite messy with all the redirects. I also considered defining each Menu and Submenu as a CSQ; however, I learned that CCX has a CSQ limit of 25 and I'm sure we would surpass that limitation. Does anyone know of any other way I can do this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Example:

Caller calls Main number and is presented with a list of options; Caller selects option 1 for Orders (Orders is an application; therefore the call is redirected to the Orders appication...this leg of  the call will be reflected in the 'Applications' report); Once in the 'Orders' application, the caller is presented with another menu list of options, here the caller selectes option 1 'Order Status' (currently 'Order Status' is just a menu step; therefore, there is no reporting availble to state that the caller selected this option).

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CCX Reporting

Then you can do something like Geoff said, where you concatenate selected options into one variable.

Another option is to set one variable with each menu choice.  You may have 35 menus, but you don't need 35 variables set.

Say somebody calls in to the main IVR, chooses Orders.  That goes to the Orders application.  From there they choose Existing Order, then Modify (using Geoff's example).

In the Orders script, you would set call.periperhalvariable1 to a value of "Orders", then you would set call.periperhalvariable2 to a value of "Existing", and finally call.peripheralvariable3 to a value of "Modify".

When you set it up this way, you get more flexability with reporting, in that you can run the Call Custom Variable report on just one of the peripherals.  So if you wanted to know how many Orders calls came in, you would run the  report with a filter of call.peripheralvariable1 and a value or Orders.  Like wise you could run a report on just the calls that were to Modify.

22 REPLIES

CCX Reporting

Depending on how many menus and submenus you have in each script, you can use the SET ENTERPRISE CALL INFO step to set any one of 10 different callperipheral values.  Then you can run the Call Custom Variable report to see which menu choices were chosen.

CCX Reporting

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the speedy response. Does the SET ENTERPRISE CALL INFO step only allow for 10 callperipheral values? I have far more than 10 Menu/Submenus.

CCX Reporting

You can create a custom layout in CDA.

Go to slide 96 (page 2-78) for info on the step.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/user/guide/uccx701edstepref.pdf

CCX Reporting

Hi Andrew,

I'm a little confused. Are you saying create a custom layout for each group of 10 Menus/Submenus? I read the document you provided and it mentions ECC variables; however, those cannot be used in reporting.

CCX Reporting

How many different menus, regardless of options per menu, do you have in a script?

In other words, for your main script, how many times does a caller have to press a menu option before they reach somebody?  Are you guiding them through 4 different menu prompts?

CCX Reporting

Hi Andrew,

The main script presents the caller with a menu and all selections are redirected to the corresponding application (7 applications). Each 'Application' provides the caller with multiple menus depending on their selection. The number of menus/submenus is approximately 35.

CCX Reporting

Since you have 7 applications, you should also have 7 scripts (8 including main script), correct?

Green

Can't you keep concatenating items to a single string at each level, ending up with the path through the menu trees. Say we had

Main Menu:

1. Orders

2. Payments

3. Accounts

Orders Menu

1. New Order

2. Existing Order

3. Archived Order

Existing Order Menu

1. Status

2. Modify

3. Cancel

Then  the string could be something like "Orders-Existing Order-Modify". You could write this to a database and do your own queries on that data.

Regards,

Geoff

CCX Reporting

Hi Andrew,

You are correct there are 8 different applications and scripts.

Then you can do something like Geoff said, where you concatenate selected options into one variable.

Another option is to set one variable with each menu choice.  You may have 35 menus, but you don't need 35 variables set.

Say somebody calls in to the main IVR, chooses Orders.  That goes to the Orders application.  From there they choose Existing Order, then Modify (using Geoff's example).

In the Orders script, you would set call.periperhalvariable1 to a value of "Orders", then you would set call.periperhalvariable2 to a value of "Existing", and finally call.peripheralvariable3 to a value of "Modify".

When you set it up this way, you get more flexability with reporting, in that you can run the Call Custom Variable report on just one of the peripherals.  So if you wanted to know how many Orders calls came in, you would run the  report with a filter of call.peripheralvariable1 and a value or Orders.  Like wise you could run a report on just the calls that were to Modify.

Thanks for the input Geoff but unfortunately there is no access to any external database. Andrew just so I am clear, I should use the 'Set Enterprise Call Info' step and associate each menu option for that specific script (i.e., Orders) to a specific call.peripheralvariableX (please see attached example script). My question is due to the fact that there are only 10 call.peripheralvariables availble, can they be reused for each of the 6 other scripts. For example, if I set call.peripheralvariable1 to OrderStatus in the 'Orders' script, can I set call.peripheralvariable1 to ShippingMethodInfo in the 'Shipping' script as well?

Yes you can.  Remember each script is run on a call per call basis, and the variables in each script at set for that individual call.

Hi Andrew, again thanks for all your input. I uploaded the script I sent to you and made a few test calls. I ran a 'Call Custom Variable' report; however, the rejport showed all zeros (see attached screenshot). Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Andrew, by any chance do you happen to have a sample script you can provide detailing the steps you recommend.

Does anyone happen to have a sample script detailing how to use the Set Enterprise Call step to define call.peripheralvariables so that they can be visible in CCX Historical Reporting? There are only 10 call.peripheralvariables and I have far more than 10 instances where CCDR reporting is required. Can these call.peripheralvariables be reused in each script? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Super Bronze

Hi

There are only those ten variables, plus 'caller entered digits' and 'customer account number' that you can use.

If you require more than ten you will need to use some imagination. For example, one option would be to:

- Run the custom call variable report filtered on 'application', and each 'application' could then use the variables in it's own way.

- Or, you might use 'custom variable 1' to store the name of the application, so that when you export a custom data report you can filter it based on the custom var 1 column - each value in cust var 1 might use the other fields differently depending on your needs

- if you have more than 10 pieces of data to write, then you could build up data and use a character such as | as a delimiter within each custom field.

In terms of a sample script it's really no more complex than using a 'set enterprise data' step, so it's really up to you to decided what you need to do with the data.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your response. The reason I asked for a sample/example script detailing the Set Enterprise Contact Info (SECI) step is because although I configured the SECI step to map to 'int' type variables (see attached screenshot). The information I receive when I run the 'Call Custom Variables' report does not make sense (see attached report). It is my understanding that the values should be incrementing; however, the report always dislplays zeros. Am I doing something wrong? Is the SECI step all that is required or are there additional steps (i.e., Session Mapping, Set Session Info, etc..) that are required in order to have the report display the information properly? Worse case is I'll just go with using CSQ's if I can't figure this SECI step thing out; however, I'm not sure if TAC would support my CCX environment due to the total # of CSQ's configured will exceed the # of CSQs supported for the platform we are using (I believe the # is 25). Again any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Super Bronze

Hi

Basically when you write those records, you write them into DB colums (in the ContactCallDetail table if you are familiar with the DB) whcih relate to a single instance of a contact. That means that each time you write them you are writing data specific to a single call.

A typical use would be to write info about that call (in int or string or whatever format) and then when you export the Custom Vars report you can filter/report on the values there. So you might write in an order_status of 1 for 'fulfilled' or '2' for 'cancelled' for example. You would do this for each call, and then report on the total count of 1s and 2s in Excel or through custom reporting and SQL code.

It's easier than do it that way than try to get the script to keep incrementing a variable each time a call comes in to maintain a count - that would require some sort of session messing around and probably be less accurate. Just let each run of the script worry about it's own outcome.

Make sense?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron, I really appreciate your input on this issue. I do understand the logic; however, when i attempt to implement your recommendations and run a report on the data. I do not receive the expected results. Can you look over my test script to ensure that the Set Enterprise Contact Info step details is correct.

Hello all, I appreciate the recommendations received thus far; however, the set contact step may prove to be quite cumbersome for this customer when it comes to generating reports. With that being said, is there any caveats to configuring CCX 8.5 (UC on UCS) with 68 CSQ's (65 of which are for reporting only)? I know that 25 CSQ's is the maximum supported on the 7825 server platform. Does this mean the application will not allow me to configure more than 25 or does this mean that TAC will not provide support for configurations exceeding the max number supported/platform? If the latter, doe the max CSQ supported apply to CSQ's that are only for reporting?

Super Bronze

Hi

I have at least one customer that I won't name that does this - they have around 100 or so CSQs for reporting.

Aside from the support side of things (that hasn't become an issue to be honest) the downside is that it starts to get cumbersome and the usefulness of some of the stats in Supervisor are reduced as you have a load of queues with 1 or 2 calls in each rather than proper counts etc.

My recommendation to you and to them would be to keep your CSQs simple and address the requirement for reporting with the reporting tools.

For example, rather than having CSQ1 through CSQ9, have just 'CSQ'.

In the script, use set ent data to set custom variable 1 to 'CSQ1' or 'CSQ2' or whatever based on whatever criteria you would normally use to pick the CSQ.

Then you can code up some reports (based on the canned reports if you like) that use that custom variable field as a key rather than the queue associated with the call, and produces the stats you need broken down by that custom variable field.

Regards

Aaron

Hi All,

First off, thanks to everyone who replied, your input was greatlly appreciated. I was able to figure the call.peripheralvalues out and they appear to do the job. The only problem I see is that in situations where the 'Set Enterprise Call Info' step is used before a 'Redirect' step, the call.peripheralvariable associated with that step (i.e., call.peripheralvariable1) is counted twice in Historical Reporting client. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content