Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX - SMTP - To send email alert in script

Guys,

To use the "mail" feature in a script,  to send an email if we get X condition.

I was wondering if we need to configure the SMTP in the OS Administration, or is there any other place to configure the SMTP to use that feature.

I ask that because I know it will change the MAC License if we change the SMTP

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
9 Replies 9

STMP is configured in the application, not the OS.  Not even sure where in the OS you would configure this, unless you're using a really old version which still runs on Windows.

david

David,

I have UCCX version 9.X.  I just want to know where to configure the SMTP so the script is able to send some Email.

I have under OS Admin  / Setting / SMTP

but I figure out that the option is suppose to be under Subsystems ( if you have CCX Premium )

I only have enhanced so I cant send mail ...

thanks   

Hi there.

Well if you have UCCX Enhanced you are not entitled to send an email (you cannot find the Subsystems > Email page, can you).

There IS a way, though, but it needs some additional programming.

G.

Hi Gergely,

Exacly, I don't have this menu...

How can I still send some mail with additional programming ?

Hi,

well, UCCX Enhanced supports custom Java code.

With custom Java code, you can write a socket client wich may be compatible with SMTP.

G.

Gergely,  do you have a script example of that ?

would be great,

Thanks,

Take a look at recipes 3 and 4.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24150

G.

Gergely, I am interested in trying this as well, but the DOC-24150 is not available.

Is there another way to get the script ?

Hi, I wonder what happened to that document.

Anyway, if this is not urgent, I can dig that out from somewhere. But to be absolutely honest, I have written that one quite some time ago, so I might need to rewrite that from scratch.

Is this urgent?

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: