Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCX5 - Agents; Users

Hi!

I have 5 agent licenses (including one for a supervisor). I have 4 IP phones and 4 PCs with CAD installed.

There are 12 users doing 8 hours shifts. So in a 24 hour period each agent functions will be fulfilled by a total of 3 users. Each user when in his/her shift can use any one of the 4 ip phones, he/she is not obliged to use in every shift the same phone.

All the 12 users are AD users. The CM (6.1) is synchronized with the AD and all the users are available there.

My question is how will I manage 12 users in these 4 seats? I imagine I will have to use the extension mobility feature. Should I have 12 directory numbers configured to associate to these 4 phones using extension mobility? How does it work?

Best regards,

Ana

10 REPLIES

Re: CCX5 - Agents; Users

Anna,

You will need to configure extension mobility. Each user will need their own extension for IPCC. When they log into the phone using extension mobility, the system "brings" their phone setup to that phone.

Of note, in order for this to work, you have to have both the PHONE and the Extension Mobility Profile the agent is using under control of the RMCM user and the Telecaster account if you're using the phone agent. Miss one of these associations, and it won't work.

Check out the CCM docs on setting up Extension Mobility for more details on how to set it up, and do one or two. It isn't hard, and once you do it, you'll get it immediately.

Green

I am not in favour of Extension Mobility for Contact Center agents. What is the purpose of this?

You configure the 12 agents. They log in with their agent ID at any phone they choose, entering the extension at the GUI.

Who cares what the extension on the phone is? Not the Call Router, that's for sure. It routes by agent and contacts the PG for the device target, determined dynamically.

In general, contact center agents do not have DIDs so Extension Mobility is not required. The only case I have was where the customer wanted to prevent after-hours access to the phones by cleaning staff etc and did not want to apply access codes for LD or ILD.

Regards,

Geoff

If you want your agents to have individual Agent logins (so you can track individual performance), they need to have individual phones. You cannot set up more than one ICD extension on a phone, and only one user can be associated with the phone and itsICD extension. If you don't believe me, try it out.

The call router doesn't care about the number (and it can be an internal extension), but the statistics that are kept are per agent login. You could have 4 phones and 4 agent logins and have the 12 agents all share them. As long as you don't care that Agent A is really Joe, Sue, and Sally, that's fine. But it skews the statistics when you look at it over longer periods of time where the calls include calls received by multiple people.

Extension mobility has nothing to do with whether or not you are using DIDs. It has to do with bringing a phone profile to the phone device you are using. Two very seriously different things.

But if you're hard set against extension mobility, your only other real choice here is to go with soft phone installs and have a different instance for each person. I've never tried that, but it might work....

Softphones we use,I am not sure its the answer either. But Ana, if you really are not into joe is 4000 and gina is 5000, just assign logins to each desk. Then when you run reports and break it in to shifts you should be able to determine who handled what by desk assignment.

Look at your reports. You can pull the most recent statistics, but most of them roll up over time. Assigning a user ID to a desk makes all the reports that roll up over more than a single shift largely useless because they would represent the activity of more than one person.

Green

Sorry, I was referring to ICM Enterprise. My mistake.

Regards,

Geoff

You still have the same issue within CallManager. Only one user can be associated with a device / ICD extension.

There may be another way to do this, but I'm unaware of it. I've had several large call centers I've built, and this was the only way to address the issue in any of them. You'll have to choose between extension mobility and inaccurate reporting statistics (at least that's how it looks to me).

Green

What association are you referring to?

There are no issues for hot desking within the UCCE call center. There is no association between an agent and an extension. There are no reports in WebView associated with an extension.

There is an issue if you want Unity and hence have to associate some user with a phone. There is also an issue with DIDs that may push you towards Extension Mobility.

Regards,

Geoff

We run a cluster UCCX 5.1 and a cluster CM 5.1 and have 3 call centers (in 2 different states.) For each of the call centers they wanted the ability to track individual agent statistics. We use extension mobility for that reason.

For example, at one of the call centers none of the agents have DID's, they have a IPCC extension and a personal extension associated with their profile. Soon as they login to the phone, it pulls their two extensions down. They then login to the CAD on the PC with the same agent login and extension. They can move to any desk and login to any phone/pc with their same extension & agent id. This way when the supervisors pull the reports they see the history for Joe's calls no matter where Joe sits. The agents don't have to get confused by what extension or what agent ID to use - it is always the same no matter where they sit. They also have roaming profiles to log into the PC's.

The only real requirement is that the IPCC extension must be unique for each agent. So that extension only exists for that agents device profile. Two agents cannot share an extension and the extension cannot also exist on another phone.

For our call center we set up the phones with default extensions (a different pool of #'s than the IPCC extensions). This way when there is no agent logged in, some of them share the same default extensions. This is so that since we also run SRST at this location, the phones can register to the local router and keep this default extension and route calls to that extension if the WAN link is down and the IPCC server not available. We then set up these default extensions in hunt groups so that specific phones ring in a specific order when the IPCC link is down and the phones are up on SRST. It works well.

Hi!

I really appreciate your help.

I've configured the 12 users each associated to a unique extension and using extension mobility. I guess this will work.

They appear as agents in the CCX administrator page.

Thank you all for your help!

Ana

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content