Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CCX7.0(x) HA Recording / Monitoring Problems

Hi. Customer is using CCM 6.1(x) with CCX7.0 Premium Edition and when trying to silent monitor a call or even recording a call is not working. On the CSD it shows "Supervisor is unable to start Monitoring device <ext>"

Agents are using PCs however instead of doing desktop monitoring we are using SPAN because soon they are going to be change to a Citrix Environment. RSPAN is configured correcty on the switches as I can connect the same interface [server monitoring interface] to my laptop with wireshark and I can see phone traffic fine.

The second NIC on each server [for recording and monitoring] is enabled with a bogus IP Address like 1.1.1.x and also post-install was run on each server for selecting the right interface for packet sniffing. Services were restarted but the problem persist.

Is there anything else that I miss? Please advise.

TIA,

Jose

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: CCX7.0(x) HA Recording / Monitoring Problems

This is because the agent's phone device is not associated with a VoIP Monitor Server and there is no default VoIP Monitor Server selected.

To resolve this issue:

- Select Cisco Desktop Administrator > Locations > your Cisco Customer Response Applications (CRA) Server Logical Call Center (LCC) > Enterprise Data Configuration > VoIP Monitor.

- Ensure that either the agent's phone device is associated with the correct VoIP Monitor or the correct VoIP Monitor Server is selected as the default VoIP Monitor.

Supervisor unable to start Monitoring device :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a0080193f35.html#1099859

Views
Helpful
Replies