cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCXE Enh 8.02 Prompts

gkeel
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to working on Contact Center Express Enhanced and more specifically vers 8.02.  I have found that there must be a bunch of recoreded prompts for use with the scripts from seeing some of them in the examples and hearing them actually work when I use the script.  However, I have not been able to find a list of those anywhere so that if there is one there, I could use it.  I figure they are part of the default or en prompts or grammars but don't know how to look for them.  I figure they are .wav files and in Windows, I could browse or search for them.  But with the Linux that it not so easy.

Can anyone point me to a document that will tell me how to find them and use them?  Also what is the default locations for the new .wav files that I upload into CCXE and the proper way of accessing them in a script (i.e. what do I need to specify as the script variable).

Thanks for all help offered!

Gene

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I wouldn't recommend it. You then have to remember to maintain three copies of the same thing. There is a global setting under System > Language Information > Default IVR Language Configuration that is set to en_US for you. Unless you override it on a trigger or inside a script you only need to upload into the en_US folder.

Also, please rate replies/documents. It helps the search algorithm and my vanity.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are two prompt repositories: the system and user. The UI only shows you the user repository unfortunately. I've looked and cannot find a Cisco document listing what the system prompts and their filenames are. I wrote a document that provides you some reference on the system prompt repository instead: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13933

As for the prompts you upload into the user repository: The recommended way to deal with prompts within a script is:

1. Create a Prompt-type variable. This will force the value to be P[filename.wav]. The P[] identifies the value is a prompt in the user repository.
  2. Assign the variable to the appropriate step's prompt parameter. You can also enter the value directly on the parameter the step.
    Note you can browse through the user prompt repository using the Expression Editor. Click the down-arrow button to the right of the parameter/value field, select the Prompts tab, and then the Browse button.

The location depends on how many languages you have installed on the system. A contact always has a language assigned to them by the system default, the trigger they arrived on, or manually using the Set Contact Info step. Whatever the current language of the contact is at the time a step is executed will determine what is the root folder the script starts looking in. For example, a contact set as English, United States with a Play Prompt set to P[example.wav] would result in the example.wav file being played from the en_US folder.

You can add subfolders as desired. P[/myfolder/example.wav] means the prompt will play from /en_US/myfolder/example.wav. If the contact's language changes, the root folder also changes. Also be aware that there is a /default folder that is used if a match is not found in the contact's current language folder.

Message was edited by: Jonathan Schulenberg to include reference document link.

Excellent response.  That helps explain things clearly.  Looking at my CCXE, I see that there are 3 languages installed, default, En and En(US).  From your explanation and what I have seen in the UI, I can upload either single prompts or zip files.  When I create a new prompt, should I load it in all three languages so that it is available regardless of the language that is possibly in use?

Gene

I wouldn't recommend it. You then have to remember to maintain three copies of the same thing. There is a global setting under System > Language Information > Default IVR Language Configuration that is set to en_US for you. Unless you override it on a trigger or inside a script you only need to upload into the en_US folder.

Also, please rate replies/documents. It helps the search algorithm and my vanity.