Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change IP address before initial config. UCCX 8.0.2 SU4

Summary: Can a UCCX server IP address be changed after installation but before initial configuration is completed.

We are planning a UCCX 7.0.1SR05 to UCCX 8.0.2SU4 upgrade and MCS to UCS migration.

I would like the get the UCCX server loaded ahead of time with a temporary IP address, to avoid an obvious IP conflict with the current UCCX server.

During our outage window, I would like to pull the PUT backup, take the UCCX 7 server offline, and then change the temp IP on the new UCCX 8 server to the permanent IP (same IP that was on UCCX 7).

I believe servers are defined by hostname for a new UCCX 8 install.  If that is true, the admin guide seems to indicate I can successfully change the IP address.

The wildcard is I will be changing it before the initial config is completed.

I am going to try it in a lab setting. Any feedback is appreciated.

thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: Change IP address before initial config. UCCX 8.0.2 SU4

Hi

I would reduce complication by creating a vm on a non-routable network with another server running on the default gateway ip address, which also runs an NTP service. You can then just move it into the live VLAN when you are ready.

Aaron

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
7 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

I would reduce complication by creating a vm on a non-routable network with another server running on the default gateway ip address, which also runs an NTP service. You can then just move it into the live VLAN when you are ready.

Aaron

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

So that sounds like a bit more work to setup the non-routable network and ntp source, but less risk of UCCX issues by avoiding the ip address change, if I am understanding that strategy correctly.

thanks for the quick reply!

Super Bronze

Hi

Yes, but with UCS it's not really 'work' as such - you can just create a new vswitch with no external NICs assigned and link the VMs to that so it's easy enough. Moving them back would be just re-assigning the VM NIC to the correct/normal network.

I recall on pre-8.0 releases if you installed UCCX before and then changed the server IP before running initial config that you had to edit some configuration files manually to get it to start. If that still applies on 8.0, then it's a step you want to avoid as when you are on 8.0 you don't have access to those files to do the edit, and would need to get assistance from TAC.

Regards

Aaron

Hi,

Any one has step by step procedure on how to change the IP of the UCCX 8.0 and what are the dependencies. Your responds is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Mitch

Super Bronze

Hi Mitch

It's on page 284 of the admin guide : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/configuration/guide/uccx801ag.pdf

Regards

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Is this procedure is same as will apply it to UCCX 8.6 version? Your reply is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Best regards,

Mitch Santos

Super Bronze

Hi Mitch

Yes and no...

No - there is no UCCX 8.6 version :-)

But assuming you mean 8.5, then yes it's the same procedure but you should follow the procedure in the same place in the 8.5 administration guide.

Regards

Aaron

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content