Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Change the volume of one audio file played in icm script

Hello,

Using the play external script element to simply play queue music (recorded as 10 minutes long), is there a way to adjust the volume of the audio being played within the script without having to re-record that specific audio file?

95% of our static audio is recorded fine and plays at the appropriate volume, but we have new queue music coming in all the time (with sales info, annoncements, etc.) that is different in volume from time to time and it would be nice to have an adjustment filter for playing that specific audio file and then adjust back to the default (if needed) afterward.

This would be much easier than asking our vendor to re-record over and over again until tested right.

Anything possible with this? Or would there be something on CVP that could control volume for one specific audio file?

Thanks for any info,

Greg

Everyone's tags (5)
2 REPLIES

I've never seen it done with CVP, your best bet and easiest is to create some sort of job using either Audicity or GoldWave to normalize the volume.  Also, if you're having these many recordings coming in, maybe setup a recording room with a nice microphone and sound proofed walls, could be done pretty cheapt to try and get the same quality of recordings every time.

david

Even if CVP could control the volume on individual files (It can't, as far as I know), you're better off normalizing the file in Audacity as David mentioned. Having some server modify things on the fly is just wasting resources, why not adjust the file? Audacity is free and open source.

We record our voice prompts using a Unity Connections Voicemail box... Not the cleanest solution, but it works well for us as we have small global contact centers all in different regions, with different voices for each center. I make a habit of running all of my files through Audacity before putting them on media servers - otherwise I would potentially have prompts recorded at different times having different volumes depending on how "the voice" and Unity were doing that day, not to mention all the pops and clicks from using a sub-optimal recording solution.  Normalize and the Envelope Tool are my best friends.

-Jameson

-Jameson
Views
Helpful
Replies