Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing ICM OU to new AD

Dear Experts,

Kindly request your advise on changing the AD of a production UCCE system.

UCCE version 8.5

i have an emergency situation where i forced to use a new AD for my existing UCCE, so i have created a plan to do that. but i have a confusion on my plans expecialy the usermigration tool. the query is that as per the Cisco doc, i can use the usermigration tool (export mode) to export the users from logger to a flat file and can use user migration tool (import mode) to import the users from the flat file. but i am not able to identify where should i run the usermigration tool. should it be in domain controller or from logger itself. highly appreciate your advice further.

please find overall plan as below

stop all the services in ICM

Run Domain manager run the domain manager in AWDB to create ICM OU in new AD
Run UMT Run the user migration export tool in Logger A.
Run the user migration import tool in target Domain 
Service account manager Run the service account manager in AWDB and Logger A
Reset the password as per the Asiacell password policy to 30 character. 
Reboot the server - AWDB, Logger  
3 Replies 3

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

but i am not able to identify where should i run the usermigration tool. should it be in domain controller or from logger itself.

The Logger. UMT should only be executed on the Logger

Thanks Omar,

So first I run the tool in logger to export the user list in to a flat file and again i run the tool in logger itself to export the users in to active directory ICM OU.. right. ??? 

Anyway I will get an opportunity now to test it since the company agreed to setup a test environment prior to actual operation. 

I just thought of updating the thread. 

I did this change. 

the UMT needs to run on Logger in all scenarios. it will update the AD. but my case i couldnt use this tool since the UMT doesnt support to migrate the users under the same ICM facility and domain name. 

But i am forced to do the supervisor configuration manually. the operation was successfull. UCCE is running in new domain controller without any issues. 

Thanks Omar for your help.