Views
Helpful
Replies

Character Set options on VXML Server

Ryan Hilfers
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer who is using web services to front end database queries.  Sometimes there are accented charaters e.g. "ê"
in the Web Service Response...  these characters are getting converted like so   ê --> À©  when CVP consumes the response.

So it seems there is a character set issue here but i am not sure where i can change the character set in Call Studio or on the vxml server..? Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thank you for your help!

-Ryan

9 Replies 9

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

What encoding do you have set on the project properties?

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for the reply Geoff,

That field was blank...  I'm guessing setting it to ISO-8859-1 encoding would fix my problem huh?

I'm trying it now

I don't know if it will fix it - but I do remember having problems with TTS and Java trying to render Spanish addresses (street and city names) and encoding was my problem.

Regards,

Goeff

Hi,

How did you resolve the issue?  We are facing now the same problem with spanish special characters (ñ, é)  when interpreting a VXML document for TTS and ASR.

The only difference is that we are using IP/IVR instead of CVP.

We have already tried to  use different encoding types in VXML document, for example

http://www.w3.org/2001/vxml"version="2.0 "xml:lang="es-ES>

I would appreciatte any help about this.

Thanks and regards

Raúl

Hi,

try chaning the codeset to UTF-8 and change the declaration to

G.

Gergely,

Thanks you for your answer. I have already tried the declaration you mention but I do not understand what you mean by "changing the codeset". Is it a parameter in IVR or maybe the config when saving de vxml file?

Regards

Hi,

yes, when saving the VXML.

Also, can you tell me the version of UCCX. I spent some quality time figuring out why on Earth ASR stops functioning when a special character (Czech language, but it's irrelevant) comes into the picture. Finally, asked Cisco, and they confirmed there was a nasty bug in the 8.0(1) release.

G.

Hi,

IVR version is 8.5. SU4.

The problem here is that ASR is not stopping but is saying de code number, for example instead of "á" says 225.

I am sure that it is a codification problem.

Thanks and regards

cihan.karsak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We use IVR Version 8.5.

There is problem in session what has got the Turkish characters. When we look the General Settings, there is no Turkish language in Language section and ISO-8859-9 or Windows1254 in Encoding section.

Turkish special characters "ç,ü,ö,ı,ş,ğ,Ç,Ü,Ö,İ,Ş,Ğ"

When I send this session data like this {Data.Session.strMusteriIsim} in External VXML 1 in the CVP Subdialog Return, I take a error for this call in ICM Script.

Thanks and regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: