Views
Helpful
Replies

CIM MRPG Installation

sabeelsaleem
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am installing CIM ( Collocated ) in lab environment. I am following "cisco_im431_cce_deploymentguide".

For CCE intergration,I had been configuring ICM ( version 7.5).I have configured an MR PG

I have a concern in this section, where should I install MR PG ?

Is it to be installed on EIM and WIM ? or Should be on ICM itself ?

Regards,

Sabeel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Either add the MR PG to your Sprawler or the CVP machine.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

MR PG on ICM!

I don't know how your lab is set up. I always split the installation up across a few machines - pretty easy to do with VMware - I have a number of ESX servers. On the lab setup I use the most I have:

* DC/DNS

* Rogger

* PG

* AW

* CVP

* EIM

I like to have lab deployments with some realism - gives a better understanding of the message flow and inter-machine communications.

If you can do duplexed, then that's a great advantage too. I have another lab set up that uses duplex Proggers so that I can test duplex behaviour.

In my case, the MR PG goes on the PG box. If you have a more compact arrangement (like a Sprawler), then it goes on that box.

You needed to make sure you created the PG for Call Manager as PG Generic so you can have the CUCM PIM and the VRU PIM (IP IVR or CVP) on the same PG. Now you have room for adding an MR PG. If you did not do this but made separate PG for CUCM and a separate PG for the VRU, you need another box (virtual machine).

Regards,

Geoff

Hello Geoff,

Thanks for reply.

In our lab setup, we have a sprawler, call manager, cvp ( all on  VM) , a DC/DNS ,voice gateway.

We dont have a seperate PG box.

On the sprawler , we have installed the PG for call manager.

PG for cvp is on the on the CVP itself.( This lab setup has been working fine )

In this setup, shall the MR PG for CIM to be installed on Sprawler ? or any other suggestion?

Regards,

Either add the MR PG to your Sprawler or the CVP machine.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: