cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Agent Desktop Help

john.miccio
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that is using UCCX 8.5(2) COP 2 with Citrix and everything is working properly except the Cisco Agent Desktop Help file (Question Mark icon).  Whenever an Agent or Supervisor clicks on the Help icon, they get a blank screen which only provides a Navigation error.  I have tested the same functionality from my laptop and it works perfectly so I'm leaning towards this being related to Citrix.  Has anyone run into this issue before?  Also, I was wondering where the Help file is actually pulled from.  My original thought was that the Help file is pulled off of the UCCX server rather than from the Internet but I wanted to see if anyone could confirm for sure.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks. 

6 Replies 6

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi John,

Enabling CAD to Run in a Thin Client Environment

CAD must be enabled to run in a thin client environment. This is done in the CAD Configuration Setup utility, which must be manually launched after the initial installation to edit your configuration settings.

Run CAD Configuration Setup by double-clicking PostInstall.exe. This executable is

located in the following folder on the Citrix server:

. .\Cisco\Desktop\bin

In CAD Configuration Setup, navigate to the Thin Client Environment window and select the Yes option.

And try the help page on CAD\CSD and see if it helps.

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts!!

Hey Anand.  Thanks so much for the quick reply.  Unfortunately I did complete that piece of the configuration already so it must be something else.  At this point I'm trying to figure out the best way to troubleshoot the issue.  I'm not sure there are any logs that I can look at and I'm trying to provide the Citrix team with some direction to help try and figure out the issue.  The strange part is, the Integrated Browser is working and they can use that to access other websites so I don't think it's an Internet issue.  I was also thinking that there might be a port thats blocked or something like that but, everything else in CAD is working correctly so it doesn't seem to be an issue of communicating with the UCCX server itself. 

Hi John,

What happens when you click on the CAD-BE help page button?

Thanks,

Anand

Anand,

I have not tried it from CAD-BE yet as the client will not be using this feature.  I can have them give it a shot just to see what happens though.

John

Is the intergrated browser configured to use a web proxy server?

Chris,

I will go back and take a look at this to find out.  It was my understanding that the Integrated Browser pulls settings like that from Internet Explorer.  Is that correct?  Additionally, based on your question I am assuming that the help file is coming from the Internet.  Am I correct in my assumption or do the help files come from the UCCX server itself? 

Thanks.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: