15 REPLIES

Re: Cisco Agent Desktop in Windows 8

no

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco Agent Desktop in Windows 8

Its not supported for Windws 8.

Source :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

Regards,
Chuck

Please rate helpful posts and identify correct answers.

Cisco Agent Desktop in Windows 8

Ok--so I see it's not supported, but is it even on the roadmap yet?  We're considering a Win8 rollout in the coming months...

Cisco is not putting any effort into CAD anymore.  Finesse is the new desktop solution for Agents, and it's browser based, therefore the desktop OS is irrelevant at that point.  Just browser version is all that matters.  UCCX 9x has Finesse available.  So if you have a Win8 rollout coming, you need to prepare to go to UCCX 9x and get on Finesse.  CAD is slated to go away in UCCX 10x.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

VIP Super Bronze

While I agree that CAD is in maintenance mode I haven't heard an official "we won't be adding Win8 support" statement. This is a roadmap question for a Cisco AM as it may simply be a matter of testing/qualification.

As for Finesse: even in 10.0 the choice of Finesse will come with caveats. For example, there is no Preview Outbound, Email, Chat, or multi-line support. We are not at a point where we can wholesale abandon CAD yet.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Definitely good to know on Finese...while we don't use outbound, we're getting ready to spin-up email and possibly chat, so this is excellent info.  I'll ping my AM and assuming it's nothing under NDA, post a follow-up with their response.

Thanks Jonathan

SJ

Did you get any reply from an AM?  I'm also looking for a way to install and use CAD on Windows 8.1.

Hello, Our organisation is

Hello,

Our organisation is looking at rolling out Win8.1, these post replys are 4months old.

Has anyone managed to get around the 'unsupported' issue between CAD and Win8? Or does anyone have an update on any information from Cisco?

Thanks

Silver

CAD on Windows 8 is not

CAD on Windows 8 is not supported. With CAD 10, they just supported IE 9 - that alone should give you an idea of how many releases it may take before having it supported on Win8. 

You don't get around a product that is unsupported - it either is or is not supported. You can successfully run CAD 9/10 on Win8.1 as I've used it a lot while running it as administrator. 

Jon,

Agreed.  I didn't say it was awesome, I only mentioned it was available.

Also, to clarify another point I was making, CAD does not go away 10.0, rather, 10x will be the last major version we will see CAD in.  Additionally, Finesse and CAD cannot coexist in CCX (it can in CCE), so if you want to pilot finesse, you're looking at a lab or user acceptance type of system parallel to your production environment.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Did you happen to find a roadmap to state the status of installing and using CAD on Windows 8.1?

I haven't really heard anything official, but the story I've heard from different people is that Finesse is going to be the play moving forward...more than likely, it will start in UCCX 10 if i had to guess, probably a watered-down version but eventually it may incorporate phone, email and web chat (woohoo!).  Of course, that's strictly speculation on my part...have not heard anything official as of yet.

I have used CAD on Windows 8 Enterprise with zero issues, in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

You must also run the installer in compatibility mode, but only "Previous Versions of Windows" will be available for the .MSI file. I've never had a single problem.

Hi Brad

I've installed CAD on Win 8.1 by running the MSI in compatibility mode but once logged in to the Agent I get no content, I assume due to Java. Doesn't work if I run the agent.exe in compatibility mode either. Did you have to do anything else 'special'?

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content