Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco AXL Web Service;Cisco UXL Web Service is down

Hi Guys

I see two critical event repeated in my RTMT as followed:

1- Service operational status is DOWN. Cisco AXL Web Service;Cisco UXL Web Service. The alert is generated on Fri Mar 14 03:44:04 AST 2014 on node 10.193.192.15.
2- At Fri Mar 14 03:44:34 AST 2014 on node UCCX IP ; the following SyslogSeverityMatchFound events generated:  SeverityMatch : Critical MatchedEvent : Mar 14 03:44:05 MAD-DC-C210-UCCX01 user 2 ntpRunningStatus.sh: The local NTP client is off by more than the acceptable threshold of 3 seconds from its remote NTP system peer.  The normal remedy is for NTP Watch Dog to automatically restart NTP.  However; an unusual number of automatic NTP restarts have already occurred on this node.  No additional automatic NTP restarts will be done until NTP time synchronization stabilizes. This is likely due to an excessive number of VMware Virtual Machine migrations or Storage VMotions.  Please consult your VMware Infrastructure Support Team. AppID : Cisco Syslog Agent ClusterID :  NodeID : MAD-DC-C210-UCCX01  TimeStamp : Fri Mar 14 03:44:05 AST 2014.

Also when i apply utilis servise list on uccx CLI i see Cisco AXL Web Service;Cisco UXL Web Service are stopped.

I am facing a connection problems with CAD, CSD and IPPA

is these events a critical and how i can run these service

My UCCX is 8.5

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Ahmed,The AXL web service

Hi Ahmed,

The AXL web service and the UXL web service are cosmetic on the UCCX and do not have any impact. This is present as a part of the code imported from the VOS platform during the initial build of 8.5. (base version 8.5.1.10000-37)

This has been removed from 8.5.1 SU3 onwards (Not sure about SU1 and SU2) 

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtj44425/

Regarding NTP sync issue, please check the NTP status on the CLI:

"utils ntp status"

If it is not in sync, then please correct the NTP issues. UCCX does not support WIndows based NTP servers.

NTP sync can cause a lot of issues and this can also lead to the issues you are seeing with the CAD, CSD and IPPA.

Windows NTP server must not be used with VOS systems (Linux-based CUCM, UCCX, etc.) as they use SNTP to communicate time; SNTP is slightly different from NTPv4 (used by VOS systems).

RTMT alerts will be thrown (Event Viewer Applogs will also show this):

You may see this in the Event Viewer Syslogs:

"The local NTP client is off by more than the acceptable threshold of 3 seconds from its remote NTP system peer.  The normal remedy is for NTP Watch Dog to automatically restart NTP.  However, an unusual number of automatic NTP restarts have already occurred on this node.  No additional automatic NTP restarts will be done until NTP time synchronization stabilizes. This is likely due to an excessive number of VMware Virtual Machine migrations or Storage VMotions.  Please consult your VMware Infrastructure Support Team."

When you grep the Event Viewer Syslogsfor "ntp", you will see stratum warnings and large NTP time corrections happen:

TIME HOSTNAME user 4 ntp_one_shot.sh: The external NTP server, NTPSERVER, is stratum 9, which is unacceptably high.  External NTP servers must be <= stratum 8 and are recommended to be <= stratum 5.

TIME HOSTNAME user 6 ilog_impl: ntpdate query response: server NTPSERVER, stratum 9, offset 28949.200803, delay 0.02574 27 Dec 21:21:00 ntpdate[15764]: step time server NTPSERVER offset 28949.200803 sec (rc=0).

TIME HOSTNAME user 4 ntpRunningStatus.sh: The local NTP client is off by more than the acceptable threshold of 3 seconds from NTP server NTPSERVER.  Restarting NTP ...
TIME HOSTNAME user 6 ilog_impl: Restarting NTP as time offset is 28949.201135 msec.

That's a time correction of 28949 seconds (approx. 8 hours)!

You can refer to page 91 of the Unified Communications SRND for further details. This holds true for UCCX as well as CUCM.

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/C5353

“Cisco highly recommends configuring the publisher to point to a Stratum-1, Stratum-2, or Stratum-3 NTP server to ensure that the cluster time is synchronized with an external time source.

Cisco recommends synchronizing Unified CM with a Cisco IOS or Linux-based NTP server. Using Windows Time Services as an NTP server is not recommended or supported because Windows Time Services often use Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP), and Linux-based Unified CM cannot successfully synchronize with SNTP.

The external NTP server specified for the primary node should be NTP v4 (version 4) to avoid potential compatibility, accuracy, and network jitter problems.”

Hope this helps! Please mark the thread as solved as appropriate.

Regards,

Arundeep

CCIE Voice #40132

Hi Arun Thanks for your

Hi Arun

Thanks for your reply please see the attached

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content