I have problems with the service CDR Insert in the CCM 4.2.3. The service is down and when i try to up the follow message appear: "Could not start the Cisco CDR Insert service on Local Computer. Error 1069:The service did not start due to a logon failure."
This is the event viewer info:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Time: 6:17:00 PM
The Cisco CDR Insert service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not start due to a logon failure.
Make sure that the service is controled by CCMCDR user.
Hi Chengjun Fu
The problem was solved changing the password of CCMCDR user.
1.- Change the password into User Management in the server.
2.- Change the password into Service Cisco CDR Insert.
I hope it help you.
Did you use the adminutility.exe to sync the password or another way? if using the adminutility, what will be impacted for the production CCM system? thanks.
Hi....See the procedure:
The CCMCDR account supports the Cisco CDR Insert service, the Cisco Tomcat service, and the CDR Analysis and Reporting (CAR) tool. Cisco requires that the same password exist on every server in the cluster. It implies that CAR scheduler service somehow was assigned a different service logon account and password than the other built-in service accounts.
To confirm this you can verify the information by going to the Windows Services page, go to the properties of the above mentioned services and check on the Log On tab. They all need to have the same password and account.
To synchronize this we need to reset the passwords. Please note that this needs to be done after hours or off-peaks hours since it will affect on the CCM server performance:
1. Go to C:\Program Files\Cisco\Bin
2. Find the utility called "AdminUtility", double click to launch it.
3. It will ask you for administrator password, type it in.
4. You will see a window with 5 or 6 accounts
5. Click on the top Globe with your CM name that will check for all accounts.
6. Select Options > Set new password.
7. Then you are prompted for a password phrase. This is the same password phrase that is used for installation.
8. You will be asked to synchronize passwords, click OK.
9. Check if all account showing 'Y' for Password Synchronized.
10. Start CDR insert service on the Pub.
PD: My msn is email@example.com
One more question for this issue, I did run the AdminUtility testing in the lab, after reset the password to all the systems accounts on the PUB and SUB, the CDR Insert service are running now, and I also could restart this service. Need confirm with you that the CCM system did not asking to enter the password for all these accounts when reset the new password, only asked the Cluster Passphrase password, does this mean that we do NOT need to know this password, and this password is only used within the CCM system itself?
Thanks for any clarification.