Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco CIM v4.4 - Adding servers to current setup

Hi all,

I'm planning to have a 2 phase approach to deploy a standalone Cisco CIM v4.4 (web chat mainly) as they are starting small before increase capacity later on

a) Initial: 4 servers architecture [Web, DB, Application & Services, Messaging & File]

b) Future: 6 servers architecture [Single server for each component, move Services & File out into dedicated servers]

Appreciate your advice on the following item

1. Is it possible to add servers as per (b) without having the need to rebuild the entire system?

2. Is the system able to add additional components (Services & File) to a running system without uninstalling them in the initial setup

Thanks!

-JT-

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY

Cisco CIM v4.4 - Adding servers to current setup

You can not add services server to CIM each cluster can only have one. If I were you I would make one Filer/Messenger and one app. It is very diffacult to add componets because once you install the application and point componets to the filer then the deal is done.

I would build it for growth the frist time.

Views
Helpful
Replies