cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Desktop Agent Error

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi I wanted to know if anyone has seen this error before and if so what did they do to fix. We just upgraded to UCCX 8.6.2 and i've reinstalled the newer version of the the agent for the users. All the agents are working except one. This user is getting an error that says. Login failed due to configuration error with your phone and JTAPI or Unifed CM,contact your administrator. If any one has seen this error before I would greatly appreciate your help on getting this problem fixed,thanks in advance and have a great day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

julio
Level 1
Level 1

yes I've seen that before.  YOu have to associate the device of that user with the application user you have for IPCC.  It is possible the user does not have and IPCC extension in the user settings under Global Directory.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

julio
Level 1
Level 1

yes I've seen that before.  YOu have to associate the device of that user with the application user you have for IPCC.  It is possible the user does not have and IPCC extension in the user settings under Global Directory.

I am having the same issue with 2 users. I have deleted the phones from CM and UCCX and started fresh still the same error. I have associated the phones in application user for UCCX, the IPCC extension in End User configuration is also checked, the extension is not being shared.

I dont know where else to look and what to look for. Any help is appreciated

Make sure the "Allow Control of Device from CTI" checkbox is checked on the phone.

Alos, is the ACD extension on lines 1-4 on the phone?

Does it work for some other phones/users?

Chris

Allow Control of Device from CTI is checked. I unchecked it and reset the phone and then checked it again and reset the phone and it didnt do anything. the extension is the primary extension. There are other users working fine;

when you deleted the phone, did you re-associate the phone with the Application User for your UCCX? When you do this, the user is also removed from any configuration in IPPC.  The fact that you re-did everything also could mean that the user is not part of any CSQ, Skills or Application in CRS Admin.  You may want to check that too.

Things to check on the phone:

Check CTI Enable

Assign user to phone

Things to check on the user in the Global Directory:

Allow Control from Device CTI is enabled

Associate Device to the user under controlled devices

Primary Extension must be set

IPPC extension must be set

CTI Enable group must be part of the assigned roles

On CAD software:

run Postinstall to make sure your software is pointing the correct IPCC servers. YOu can find this under Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\Bin\postinstall.exe

I have double triple checkes all the necessary things. The user is added to the appropriate CSQ. The 2 users have sidecars; could that be a issue. But then there are other users who have a side car and are working fine.

I have a TAC Engineer working also and they pretty much are telling me to do this all over again.

there is an issue that I have recently found out too because we had a similar issue.  With the sidecars the only issue is that if you have any shared lines configured on the sidecar, you can not have any configured.  so remove any shared lines you have.  Shared lines meaning if there is a line on the side car that is used to monitor someone else's line state.  we recently had this setup this way on one of our operators then Cisco tells us that this is not supported.

prashraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please ensure there are no shared lines on the IPCC line

-From the CUCM select route plan report and enter the IPCC line if it displays shared lines, this is unsupported from a UCCX standpoint

-You can have shared lines on the non acd lines though

I dont have the IPCC lines shared. it seems that you can have only 4 total lines 1 IPCC line and 3 non-acd shared lines then it will work;

Hi Garima,

Thats true you can have only one IPCC line, thats the way the system has been designed from a UCCX standpoint

Does it work now after you have only one line?

Prashanth

It works if I only have the 1 IPCC line. The user has a sidecar but it seems that if I add all the shared lines on the side car it doesn’t work. Does UCCX only allows 4 total lines?

Thank you,

Garima

Garima Parghi

MVCC Information Technology

Telephone Service Engineer

708-974-5731

Thats true this defect was filed in 8.0 and has affected versions of UCCX since then

-So what happens is from a CUCM perspective its supported

-However from a UCCX standpoint only one ipcc line and 3 non ipcc lines are supported, yep it was happening as this user has a sidecar with shared lines and it will not work

Thanks

Did this bug just come out? I am using UCCX 8.5.1 for the very same reason that 8.0 didn’t support the sidecars. I have other users with sidecars and they are working fine.

Thank you,

Garima

Garima Parghi

MVCC Information Technology

Telephone Service Engineer

708-974-5731

Nopes the bug is the same one which was in 8.0

-the way the system has been designed is you will not be able to use shared lines of any kind for the IPCC extensions

-If other users are working fine, I would say they are lucky, reason being we cannot even bring it to the notice of the design team as it will be treated as unsupoorted UCCX design

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: