Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco desktop LDAP Monitor service went down

sangavi-as
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i want to know te reason for why LDAP Monitor Service went down continuously in PG-A side alone

Last week when i did a health check, i found LDAP Monitor service went down. i have started manually.

Again yesterday it went down, i have started it manually.

today also its down.

wen i checked in LDAP logs, there was a fluctions between connection and disconnection. i could not found anything other than this.

please help me.

Regards,

Sangavi.

4 Replies 4

Sunil_Vs1
Level 1
Level 1

Is it in the stopped state when you see the service?

Is it set to manual by chance?

Check whether someone has scheduled to stop or restart every day?

LDAP monitor service monitors the status of slapd and responsible to restart if slapd goes down. I am not sure whether something can be found in the available logs with the default trace levels. Look at the even viewer logs and see whether there are any glitches.

-Sunil

Hi Sunil,

Yes it was down. i manually started the service by clicking Start Service in Services.

No it was automatic only.

noboby scheduled to stop or restart everyday.

i looked into EventViewer logs and found only the connection and disconnection logs only. i also dint found any glitches.

Thanks,

Sangavi.

Hi,

Since the default trace levels wouldn’t reveal much, I think you should open up a TAC case and work with CISCO and possibly Calabrio. They would be able to tell you whether you can enable the DEBUG for certain period of time depending on the system load.

-Sunil

Hi Sunil,

As u said i have raised a cisco TAC and they asked for logs to find the root cause for the LDAP failure.

then they also suggested to restart the affected server and send the logs again.

after restarting, LDAP Monitor Service was stable and dint not went down.

Thanks,

Sangavi.