Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco EIM - Message in Agent Inbox Crashes IE.

Hello All,

One of our Agents has an email message in here inbox in EIM, and when you click on that message IE freezes then does "Not Responding". Since this happens without fail every single time, we have not been able to get rid of this message.

We've tried this on Internet Explorer versions 6, 7, 8 and 9. But the same thing happens in ALL browsers.

What happens is, the Agent's "Main Inbox" loads in IE. Currently there are 2 messages in her inbox, and if I click on one of the messages everything is fine I can do whatever I need to do with it. But when I click on this "problem" email message in the inbox, IE beings to load the message in the panes below, then it stops and goes "Not Responding", and the only thing you can do is end the program.

*FYI: The email in question does have an attachment, if that makes a difference.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Possible bad email. I would recommend to move this activity in a status to something '8888' from back end,so that this is moved out of agent inbox and open a TAC case so that this can be investigated and if a ligitmate issue can be handled in product.

Table name = EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY

column name to update = ACTIVITY_STATUS = 8888 AND ACTIVITY_SUB_STATUS = 8888

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gaurav

6 REPLIES

Possible bad email. I would recommend to move this activity in a status to something '8888' from back end,so that this is moved out of agent inbox and open a TAC case so that this can be investigated and if a ligitmate issue can be handled in product.

Table name = EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY

column name to update = ACTIVITY_STATUS = 8888 AND ACTIVITY_SUB_STATUS = 8888

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gaurav

Re: Cisco EIM - Message in Agent Inbox Crashes IE.

Hey Gaurav, thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

So I would remove that email (*in the backend) by removing it from the Database using the Table you posted, is that right?

Sorry, wasn't sure what you meant. The only thing I've ever really done with the DB is polling it with our Wallboard application for the CallCenter.

EDIT: On the EIM server (Windows Server 2003) I open MS SQL Management Studio, connect to the DB, and I can see the following DB's:

- eGActiveDB

- eGArchiveDB

- eGMasterDB

And In the eGActiveDB I can see tables similar to what you posted, called:

• dbo.EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY_9000
  • dbo.EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY_ACTIONS
  • dbo.EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY_BKP
  • dbo.EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY_LT_9000

Is it one of those that I need to edit?

Thanks again for the reply!

Thanks,

Matt

Ok, I found the table containing that data you posted.

It was in the eGActiveDB Database inside the table "dbo.EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY_LT_9000". I had run a query on each of the Tables listed in my previous reply, searching for the "ACTIVITY_ID" of the email message in question, and this table, as well as the one ending in '...ACTIONS' also contained that ACTIVITY_ID number. But the ACTIONS table only had one column. So I'm assuming it's the Table I listed above...

What happens internally when you change the ACTIVITY_STATUS and the ACTIVITY_SUB_STATUS to "8888"...?

I made the change you suggested, then logged into the Agent's inbox and the Message was gone, which is great, thanks for that...!!! But what does the '8888' actually do?

Thanks Again,

Matt

I am just giving a random number for that activity which is not reconized by EIM application so that it is not picked by any process and stays there in DB so that it can be investigated on by TAC.

Could you please confirm that you didnt make any changes in "dbo.EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY_ACTIONS" table?

All I wanted you to do is change the status and sub status in 'EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY' table (eGActiveDB).But it seems like you have older version of EIM and hence you have table as dbo.EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY_LT_9000 which is fine.

Ok, gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks.

Correct, I did not make changes to "dbo.EGPL_CASEMGMT_ACTIVITY_ACTIONS" table.

I Only made a change to table "...LT_9000" for ACTIVITY_STATUS and ACTIVITY_SUB_STATUS.

Thanks Again for the reply!

Thanks,

Matt

Just in case anyone else is or has experienced this problem I wanted to reply with an update.

I have a TAC case open about this currently, and the Cisco tech found a bug related to our problem.

The bug is:

CSCtn20702 -- Browser Freezing in Information pane and reply

And the Patch to fix this bug is:  Patch "ES5" --> WIM 4.3.2 ES5

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Matt

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content