cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco Finesse Login Issue

Hello

We have installed a Cisco finesse in our vmware lab.    Installatoin seems to be fine.  I can access all the web pages.  I can login as admin, define server settings.  I rebooted Cisco Tomcat and even the server.  When I try to login as a Agent.  It says

"A generic sign-in error has occurred."

Now same AgentID/Password/Extension works fine in Cisco CAD (CTI OS ToolKit v7).

Finesse is pointed to PG Server where CTI OS is installed.  Port 42027

Any idea what may cause this issue?

Which process can I check to see if Finesse is even making connection to CTI OS server?

I am looking at ctisvr process but dont see any information from Finesse server

Ivan

Everyone's tags (2)
5 REPLIES
Green

Re: Cisco Finesse Login Issue

You can definitely see the client connecting to CTIOS. Try a normal CTIOS client - adjust the server trace settings. ctios - not ctisvr. You will see the client bind and it will list the IP address of the client.

Now try Finesse

Regards,

Geoff

Community Member

Finesse does not connect to CTIOS, only CTI Server.  Think of it as a replacement for CTIOS

Community Member

Also make sure your extension that you are trying to sign in with is following all the rules for single line. (if that is how your CM PG is setup.

Not Shared line

JAL not enabled

etc.

You didn't mention your ICM version, is it 8.5.x?  I see that your CTIOS test client is version 7.

Community Member

Hi

I resolved the first problem which was a Getting Generic Error.   Basically I forgot a installation step.  I had to setup the DNS during installation.  So I reinstall it with DNS client setting.   Now Generic Error is no longer coming up.

however, I am facing a new problem.

Using IE explorer  8 I was able to login but it get stuck in Loading...

Any idea?

Ivan

Community Member

BTW, i am deploying UCCE 8.5.  Next week i am trying UCCE 9.x

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content