Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse v11 Agent Auto-Logout

Kope Matsepe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I need your assistance please. I have UCCX v11.5 and Cisco Finesse v11 deployed in a live environment. I have an issue whereby agents get automatically logged out of their Finesse Desktop even if they're on a call. I've checked for bugs related to the deployed versions and the only workaround for this issue is to Restart Cisco Finesse Tomcat service. This restart does not fix the issue at hand. This workaround is listed in Bug CSCuz89282.

Is there anyone who has experienced this issue before and what resolution did you come to? Your assistance will be very much appreciated.

Regards

Kope Matsepe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Honestly, it doesn't sound like this Bug ID and your problem align with each other. In your problem description, you mentioned... Cisco Finesse Desktop v11 and then, it automatically logouts the agent while on a call. However, this Bug ID (CSCuz89282) provides a workaround (i.e. restarting Finesse Tomcat) for the following problem;

Symptom:

Supervisor seeing agents not ready still even though they logged out of Extension Mobility (EM). Getting the phones stuck where other users cant login to the phone for FIPPA until restarting Finesse Tomcat.

Conditions:
1) log agent into EM on Phone A and then log into FIPPA on the same phone
2) then log out that users From EM only
3) log another user into Phone A with his EM profile
4) click to log in to FIPPA and you will see the other user still showing them logged in

Just to confirm, are you experiencing problems with Finesse Desktop or Finesse IP Phone Agent (FIPPA)?

Are you guys using EM? If so, are you guys using an EM auto-logout policy? Do agents share numbers with other agents? Do agents share workstations; meaning, is it possible some agents might have their number displayed on two or more phones at once when another agent logoffs? How many agents are impacted by this problem... all of them, 75%, 50%, 25%, etc. and how often throughout the week? Also, please check out the UCCX v11.x release notes for the Unsupported Configurations and Unsupported Actions.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_5/release/guide/rcct_b_release-notes-for-unified-contact/rcct_b_release-notes-for-unified-contact_chapter_00.html

Who knows, you or your agents might be inadvertently causing this problem if this only happens occasionally. Good luck.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Honestly, it doesn't sound like this Bug ID and your problem align with each other. In your problem description, you mentioned... Cisco Finesse Desktop v11 and then, it automatically logouts the agent while on a call. However, this Bug ID (CSCuz89282) provides a workaround (i.e. restarting Finesse Tomcat) for the following problem;

Symptom:

Supervisor seeing agents not ready still even though they logged out of Extension Mobility (EM). Getting the phones stuck where other users cant login to the phone for FIPPA until restarting Finesse Tomcat.

Conditions:
1) log agent into EM on Phone A and then log into FIPPA on the same phone
2) then log out that users From EM only
3) log another user into Phone A with his EM profile
4) click to log in to FIPPA and you will see the other user still showing them logged in

Just to confirm, are you experiencing problems with Finesse Desktop or Finesse IP Phone Agent (FIPPA)?

Are you guys using EM? If so, are you guys using an EM auto-logout policy? Do agents share numbers with other agents? Do agents share workstations; meaning, is it possible some agents might have their number displayed on two or more phones at once when another agent logoffs? How many agents are impacted by this problem... all of them, 75%, 50%, 25%, etc. and how often throughout the week? Also, please check out the UCCX v11.x release notes for the Unsupported Configurations and Unsupported Actions.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_5/release/guide/rcct_b_release-notes-for-unified-contact/rcct_b_release-notes-for-unified-contact_chapter_00.html

Who knows, you or your agents might be inadvertently causing this problem if this only happens occasionally. Good luck.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response and insightful information.

• Just to confirm, are you experiencing problems with Finesse Desktop or Finesse IP Phone Agent (FIPPA)? Finesse Desktop.
  • Are you guys using EM? Yes
  • If so, are you guys using an EM auto-logout policy? Yes
  • Do agents share numbers with other agents? No
  • Do agents share workstations; meaning, is it possible some agents might have their number displayed on two or more phones at once when another agent logoffs? No
  • How many agents are impacted by this problem... all of them, 75%, 50%, 25%, etc. and how often throughout the week? 25% and it happens on a daily basis.
  • Also, please check out the UCCX v11.x release notes for the Unsupported Configurations and Unsupported Actions.

I've had to go to the Call Center so that I can find out from affected agents exactly what they experience as part of the auto-logout they get daily. The Agents use EM Service to login to Cisco IP Phone and then login to Cisco Finesse Desktop. Once I establish that they login to their Cisco phones on a daily basis, I then checked the Extension Information in CUCM Device after agent login on. I discovered that the EM Service actually logs affected agents out after 7 Hours instead of their normal 8 hours shift.

Affected agents confirmed that when they get auto-logged out, it happens on the Cisco phone and then they get a CF_RESOURCE_OUT_OF_SERVICE message on Cisco Finesse Desktop. I'll have to adjust the EM Service Parameter Maximum Login Time and then check with agents still experience the auto-logout before their shift ends or if it now occurs at the end of their shift.

It sounds like you discovered the problem with the EM Logout policy. Once you change this parameter from 7 to... maybe 10, it should resolve your problem. I wouldn't suggest 8 simply because agents might work a full 8 hours or slight above 8 hours. If so, they would notice this problem again.

Please keep in mind, the EM Logout policy applies to every EM profile within the cluster. If your cluster only contains call center personnel, then no biggie. If not, then consider the impact on all users but this shouldn't be a problem. Do you have 'some' users sharing workstations, working day/night shifts or jumping from/to workstations throughout the day?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response.

Do you have 'some' users sharing workstations, working day/night shifts or jumping from/to workstations throughout the day? There's no users sharing workstations throughout the day or between shifts.

Ok. Another option might be... modifying the Extension Mobility parameters under CUCM Admin > System > Service Parameter > Service [Cisco Extension Mobility] > Parameter [Enforce Intra-cluster Maximum Login Time] = false. It sounds like this value might be true. Any changes will apply to all servers but before you change anything, you should notify the customer about this potential change.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response. Yes, currently the Enforce Intra-cluster Maximum Login Time option is set to True. However there's no need to change this value because this issue has only been affecting the Call Centre team. The Intra-cluster Maximum Login Time was updated the users are now working properly. 

Thanks for all the insightful information you've provided throughout this discussion. Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Regards

Kope