Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

(Cisco Historical Reporting / HRC ) All available connections to database server are in use by other client machines. Please try again later and check the log file for error 5054

Hi All,

I am getting an error message "All available connections to database server are in use by other client machines. Please try again later and check the log file for error 5054"  when trying to log into HRC (This user has the reporting capabilities) . I checked the log files this is what i found out 

The log file stated that there were ongoing connections of HRC with the CCX  (I am sure there isn't any active login to HRC)

|| When you tried to login the following error was being displayed because the maximum number of connections were reached for the server .  We can see that a total number of 5 connections have been configured . ||

1: 6/20/2014 9:13:49 AM %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:Current number of connections (5) from historical Clients/Scheduler to 'CRA_DATABASE' database exceeded the maximum number of possible connections (5).Check with your administrator about changing this limit on server (wfengine.properties), however this might impact server performance.

|| Below we can see all 5 connections being used up . ||

2: 6/20/2014 9:13:49 AM %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:[DB Connections From Clients (count=5)]|[(#1) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='3SK5FS1.ucsfmedicalcenter.org']|[(#2) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PFS-HHXDGX1.ucsfmedicalcenter.org']|[(#3) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PFS-HHXDGX1.ucsfmedicalcenter.org']|[(#4) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PFS-HHXDGX1.ucsfmedicalcenter.org']|[(#5) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='47BMMM1.ucsfmedicalcenter.org']

|| Once the maximum number of connection was reached it threw an error . ||

3: 6/20/2014 9:13:49 AM %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:Number of max connection to 'CRA_DATABASE' database was reached! Connection could not be established.

4: 6/20/2014 9:13:49 AM %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:Database connection to 'CRA_DATABASE' failed due to (All available connections to database server are in use by other client machines. Please try again later and check the log file for error 5054.)

• Current exact UCCX Version 9.0.2.11001-24
  • Current CUCM Version 8.6.2.23900-10
  • Business impact  Not Critical
  • Exact error message  All available connections to database server are in use by other client machines. Please try again later and check the log file for error 5054
  • What is the OS version of the PC you are running  and is it physical machine or virtual machine that is running the HRC client ..
  • OS Version Windows 7 Home Premium  64 bit and it’s a physical machine.

. The Max DB Connections for Report Client Sessions is set to 5 for each servers (There are two servers). The no of HR Sessions is set to 10.

I wanted to know if there is a way to find the HRC sessions active now and terminate the one or more or all of that sessions from the server end ? 

• Contact Center
Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

Hi, i'm running with the same

Hi, i'm running with the same error, has someone figure it out how to solve it?

Thanks!

Ronny Ayala

Cisco Employee

Did you try increasing the

Did you try increasing the Max DB Sessions (Tools >> Historical Reporting >> Reporting Configuration) and Number of HR sessions(System >> System Parameters) 

Regard 

Deepak

Thanks Deepak, that work for

Thanks Deepak, that work for me! From a supervisor's Log i was able to find that other Supervisor PC was consuming 4 db connections. i Change the reporting configuration to max number of db sessions per node (8). 

But know i have a doubt concerning the Supervisor PC who was consuming 4 db connection, we turn off that PC and everything went back to normal, but why this occured?

Once again, thanks for your useful answer Deepak!

And how about when from the

And how about when from the PC Logs show that only one user is consuming all database connections?

28: 31/05/2016 08:44:18 a.m. %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:Current number of connections (11) from historical Clients/Scheduler to 'CRA_DATABASE' database exceeded the maximum number of possible connections (8).Check with your administrator about changing this limit on server (wfengine.properties), however this might impact server performance.
29: 31/05/2016 08:44:18 a.m. %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:[DB Connections From Clients (count=11)]|[(#1) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PC-USER.abcdef.com']|[(#2) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PC-USER.abcdef.com']|[(#3) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PC-USER.abcde.com']|[(#4) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PC-USER.abcdef.com']|[(#5) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PC-USER.abcdef.com']|[(#6) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PC-USER.abcdef.com']|[(#7) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PC-USER.abcdef.com']|[(#8) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PC-USER.abcdef.com']|[(#9) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PC-USER.abcdef.com']|[(#10) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PC-USER.abcdef.com']|[(#11) 'username'='uccxhrc','hostname'='PC-USER.abcdef.com']
30: 31/05/2016 08:44:18 a.m. %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:Number of max connection to 'CRA_DATABASE' database was reached! Connection could not be istablished.
31: 31/05/2016 08:44:18 a.m. %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:Database connection to 'CRA_DATABASE' failed due to (Todas las conexiones disponibles con el servidor de la base de datos están siendo utilizadas por otros equipos cliente. Inténtelo de nuevo más tarde y consulte el error 5054 en el archivo de registro.)
32: 31/05/2016 08:44:18 a.m. %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:Error de conexión con la base de datos | Todas las conexiones disponibles con el servidor de la base de datos están siendo utilizadas por otros equipos cliente. Inténtelo de nuevo más tarde y consulte el error 5054 en el archivo de registro.
33: 31/05/2016 08:44:22 a.m. %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:CRA_DATABASE Connection String: Provider=Ifxoledbc.2;Password=*****;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=*****;Data Source=db_cra@ftd_ccx_01_uccx;Extended Properties="CLIENT_LOCALE=en_US.utf8;DB_LOCALE=en_US.utf8;UNICODE=TRUE;RSASWS=TRUE"
34: 31/05/2016 08:45:19 a.m. %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:0 :Final Font Size=$rptFontSize

Thanks!

Ronny A.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.