Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CISCO IPCC ENTERPRISE - MOBILE AGENTS

We have some issues related with mobility and we have thought in some workarounds. We would like to ask for your opinion.

1. When one agent wants to transfer a call to another agent, they want to do it in the same way independently this second agent is using the Cisco IP Phone or it is working as a mobile agent.

For us, only solutions are:

- Configure a "Forward on Unregistered" in every agent pointing to the local CTI Port. Then the agent will need to logout in the phone if he is going to work as remote.

- Configure a "Forward All" manually to the local CTI Port. Agent should then know the process.

We can also configure something to make easier to the agents the dialing to the CTIports (e.g. for agent 75527, configure a RP with "*75527" pointing to the local port), but then agent should try both possibilities to reach the agent.

A different possibility should be configure Unified Mobility (configuring the CTI Port as remote destination for every agent), but as far as I know, this configuration is not supported by IPCCE. Could you please confirm me that point and your opinion about the other possibilities?

Do you have a roadmap about IPCCE/CAD to see if these mobility features are going to be improved in the future?

2. When a mobile agent receives an incoming calls, they would like to see on the phone the customer number.

It seems that you can see the incoming number in the CAD, but not on the mobile phone. This is the normal behaviour, right?

3. When one agent forwards the call to an external phone (e.g. a DECT Avaya phone), we lose the statistics of the call.

Do you have a roadmap about IPCCE/CAD to see if these mobility features are going to be improved in the future?

1 REPLY

Re:CISCO IPCC ENTERPRISE - MOBILE AGENTS

So, here are my thoughts:

1- as per my understanding, you wish to maintain the same extension for the agent whether he is working through ip phone or mobile agent.
i would say make them always work as mobile agents, even when they are using ip phone. then they'll always transfer to the cti port ( not sure how correct that is, but sounds logical to me)

2- that is correct behaviour, as the phone will receive the call from the CC system (cti port)

3- if you transfer the call completly, you will definetly loose any other information to the call.. you'll need to find a way to maintain a call leg in order to have any information about it

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content