Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco media subsystem - im totally confused. Please shed light :)

I have been googling on Cisco Media subsystem. Everywhere I see the below statement.

Cisco Media

Configures Cisco Media Termination (CMT) dialog control groups,                     which can be used to handle simple Dual Tone Multifrequency (DTMF)-based dialog                     interactions with customers

Im confused. What exactly is the role of this subsystem.

- In call control group configuration, I see that there is an option to enable it or not. So Im assuming that it is not mandatory to configure it.

media.PNG

a) So in my script If I have a menu step, obv we use DTMF to make the seletion in menu step. So does CMT dialogue channels come into play in that part? What exactly is the role of this subsystem.

b) When i use another applications like MRTS or TTS, does this media subsystem has any role?

c) What are the scenarios in which this subsystem kick in. What is the role. When all can i disable the Media Termination support in CC group.

Please give me a detailed description. Cisco documents are just beating around the bush. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cisco media subsystem - im totally confused. Please shed lig

Hi Nirmal,

Nirmal Issac wrote:

I have been googling on Cisco Media subsystem. Everywhere I see the below statement.

Cisco Media

Configures Cisco Media Termination (CMT) dialog control groups,                     which can be used to handle simple Dual Tone Multifrequency (DTMF)-based dialog                     interactions with customers

Have you read the UCCX Admin Guide section on this topic?  It does a pretty decent job of explaining it.

Your assumption here is incorrect.  The radio button simply indicates whether or not you want a new CMG to be created to match up with (I.e., have the same number of channels as there are ports) this CCG.  A "yes" means it will create it, and a "no" means it will not.  Regardless of what you select here, the CMG is actually assigned to the Triggers, and will always default to the Default CMG.  It's always a good practice to select no here, and then define your own CMG with a 10% overhead.  The reason why is explained in the Admin Guide link provided above.

Nirmal Issac wrote:

a) So in my script If I have a menu step, obv we use DTMF to make the seletion in menu step. So does CMT dialogue channels come into play in that part? What exactly is the role of this subsystem.

Correct.  It's role is explained in the Admin Guide link above.

Nirmal Issac wrote:

b) When i use another applications like MRTS or TTS, does this media subsystem has any role?

Yes.  You would create a new CMG for thos applications, and you do not want to assign them to every trigger.  Only those who need it.  The reason is, an ASR license is consumed for the duration of the call using that CMG.  TTS on the other hand releases the license as soon as the Prompt has finished playing.

Nirmal Issac wrote:

c) What are the scenarios in which this subsystem kick in. What is the role. When all can i disable the Media Termination support in CC group.

It kicks in for every call to your JTAPI triggers.  HTTP triggers on the other hand do not need CMG's.  You cannot disable the support of CMG in the CCG.  This goes back to your misunderstanding of the Yes/No radio button in the CCG configuration.  Also, you cannot have a trigger with 0 CMG's configured.  The AppAdmin page will throw an error telling you that you need atleast one.  Therefore, you cannot use UCCX inbound JTAPI triggers without a CMG.  They are a requirement.

Nirmal Issac wrote:

Please give me a detailed description. Cisco documents are just beating around the bush. Your help will be highly appreciated.

This is laid out quite nicely in the Admin Guide link provided above.

In summary: CMG's are for media termination support (E.g., DTMF reception [I.e., Get Digit String Step] and transmission [I.e., Send Digits Step]) for your JTAPI triggers.  You should always manually create a corresponding CMG for your CCG's, and with 10% more channels than your CCG has in ports.  E.g., CCG has 100 ports, your CMG should have 110 channels.  Configuring which CMG your Trigger uses is an extra step: click Show More, remove the Default, Add the new, click save.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

7 REPLIES

Hi Nirmal,

Nirmal Issac wrote:

Cisco Media

Configures Cisco Media Termination (CMT) dialog control groups,                     which can be used to handle simple Dual Tone Multifrequency (DTMF)-based dialog                     interactions with customers

Have you read the UCCX Admin Guide section on this topic?  It does a pretty decent job of explaining it.

Your assumption here is incorrect.  The radio button simply indicates whether or not you want a new CMG to be created to match up with (I.e., have the same number of channels as there are ports) this CCG.  A "yes" means it will create it, and a "no" means it will not.  Regardless of what you select here, the CMG is actually assigned to the Triggers, and will always default to the Default CMG.  It's always a good practice to select no here, and then define your own CMG with a 10% overhead.  The reason why is explained in the Admin Guide link provided above.

Nirmal Issac wrote:

Correct.  It's role is explained in the Admin Guide link above.

Nirmal Issac wrote:

Yes.  You would create a new CMG for thos applications, and you do not want to assign them to every trigger.  Only those who need it.  The reason is, an ASR license is consumed for the duration of the call using that CMG.  TTS on the other hand releases the license as soon as the Prompt has finished playing.

Nirmal Issac wrote:

It kicks in for every call to your JTAPI triggers.  HTTP triggers on the other hand do not need CMG's.  You cannot disable the support of CMG in the CCG.  This goes back to your misunderstanding of the Yes/No radio button in the CCG configuration.  Also, you cannot have a trigger with 0 CMG's configured.  The AppAdmin page will throw an error telling you that you need atleast one.  Therefore, you cannot use UCCX inbound JTAPI triggers without a CMG.  They are a requirement.

Nirmal Issac wrote:

This is laid out quite nicely in the Admin Guide link provided above.

In summary: CMG's are for media termination support (E.g., DTMF reception [I.e., Get Digit String Step] and transmission [I.e., Send Digits Step]) for your JTAPI triggers.  You should always manually create a corresponding CMG for your CCG's, and with 10% more channels than your CCG has in ports.  E.g., CCG has 100 ports, your CMG should have 110 channels.  Configuring which CMG your Trigger uses is an extra step: click Show More, remove the Default, Add the new, click save.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Anthony,

That was a marvellous post. (+5)  Thanks alot for helping me in having a clear picture

You're welcome.  Glad I could help.  If you feel that I have answered your questions, could you mark this post as answered for us?  That way it doesn't show up in the unanswered posts widget on the sidebar of the overview tab.  Thanks in advance.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Done

hi Anthonyi want to khnow

hi Anthony

i want to khnow please ,if there are CTI port associated or created by default when CMT is add on CCX   as we can see on the picture below

CCX needs both channels to

CCX needs both channels to process a call.  ( CCG + CMG )

could you devlop more this point  ??????

thanks in advance

hi all can someone help me

hi all

can someone help me please ?

Views
Helpful
Replies