Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco outbound

How people use and manage Cisco Outbound systems normally? I mean just with "Cisco Configuration Manager" or does there exist any 3rd party software?

How listmanagement is handled?

I would like to see some references, cases which can show how outbound works in real life.

I'm still searching some information about callresult codes 2 and 13 which appear on this system.

Is callresult 13 basically same than callresult 16?

• Contact Center
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Cisco outbound

Have enough tie-line trunks availableIt's better to overprovision the trunking between systems than have too few channels between systems. When integrating systems, you must choose whether the CallManager phones will have their own Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) trunks. If the CallManager phones are on a campus, it's recommended that you have them act as extensions off the PBX and use the PBX for inbound and outbound PSTN connectivity. Because of cost and PBX space constraints, you might not be able to overprovision trunks. You might have to migrate tie-lines one at a time, which requires some level of accuracy. One way to get an idea of how many trunks you need between systems is to do a traffic study on the PBX for the groups of users you intend to migrate. For example, say you intend to migrate Building A. If you have the capability, check the call detail records on the PBX to see how much calling the users of Building A actually do. Using this information ensures that you have enough trunks between CallManager and the PBX when you migrate the users. If the CallManager phones are at a remote site, it's best to provision PSTN connectivity directly on CallManager.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_white_paper09186a00800d6b74.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.