Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCCE - Called to CTI or main number get busy tone

expert,

I am able to login to Finesse for agent.  And I created simple script to route directly to the agent (but failed and got busy tone) - attached.

1. Main number is registered in UCM CTI  to UCCE - 2000,   Frame Portico show CTI and all service is up/

2. Called 2000 but got busy tone ( When called  to main # , Finesse will be changed to "Not Ready state"   then busy tone)

3. I have created  : Agent  explorer , PG Explorer to UCM as client,  Agent Desk Setting, Dial Number/Script Selector, Call Type List.

What is likely the cause of failing ?

Thanks,

K

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Before you do anything you might want to see if your script makes sense by using the Call Tracer tool build into Script Editor. You fire that up, select your Routing Client and the Dialed Number and press Send Call to see if it actually runs your script. This makes sure you have the triplet Dialed Number - Call Type - Scheduled Script. You might want to put your script in Monitor Mode.

Assuming Call Tracer works as expected, then ask the Router! Let's assume you made the test call at 4:35PM

cd to \icm\<instance>\ra\logfiles

run dumplog rtr /bt 16:30 /o

This will dump the router log to a file called rtr.txt starting from 4:00PM Central Controller Time to the current time. This trace is key to understanding routing errors. The default level of trace is perfectly adequate.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

Trace4.jpg file , shows there is no scheduled script.

Looks like you have assigned script to default calltype, but you are using calltype VoiceCT for the DN 8000.

Please schedule script to that calltype it will work.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Before you do anything you might want to see if your script makes sense by using the Call Tracer tool build into Script Editor. You fire that up, select your Routing Client and the Dialed Number and press Send Call to see if it actually runs your script. This makes sure you have the triplet Dialed Number - Call Type - Scheduled Script. You might want to put your script in Monitor Mode.

Assuming Call Tracer works as expected, then ask the Router! Let's assume you made the test call at 4:35PM

cd to \icm\<instance>\ra\logfiles

run dumplog rtr /bt 16:30 /o

This will dump the router log to a file called rtr.txt starting from 4:00PM Central Controller Time to the current time. This trace is key to understanding routing errors. The default level of trace is perfectly adequate.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

Attached is call tracer, i see following is there: Dial Number, Call Type, Schedule script.

But still the call trace said : Unable to find schedule script.

advise?

Thanks,

K

Trace4.jpg file , shows there is no scheduled script.

Looks like you have assigned script to default calltype, but you are using calltype VoiceCT for the DN 8000.

Please schedule script to that calltype it will work.

Thanks Sasikumar, 

It works now :)

Rgds,

K

hi experts,

I created script to use "Requalify call" from US_CT to Europe_CT (attached)

Script is valid, but when call to CTI 8000 I got error busy tone.

Attached all info.  Advice?

Thanks,

K

I am not a fan of the Requalify Node and I have never used it. It's far too obscure to someone reading your script what it does. What they see there is a Call Type - so how do they know what script is scheduled against that call type? Sure, you could add a comment - that's somewhat useful. But now they have to copy the script name out of the comment and go "Open" and paste it in.

It's far simpler to set a Call Type (for reporting purposes) and add a Go To Script node. It's self-documenting, plus readers can right click on the Go To Script node and choose "Open Script" to follow the chain.

To use the Requalify Node, the destination script must be scheduled against the Call Type in the Requalify Node. And that's probably why it's not working for you, Karen.

So now we have a difference between what we normally do: Dialed Number - Call Type - Scheduled Script. Now we have Call Type - Scheduled Script without a Dialed Number. Why do it?

OK - so I use two nodes instead of one - big deal. I have never seen a convincing argument for the Requalify Node so it's not in my arsenal.

Karen, I suggest you forget about this node and just have the more natural sequence of Call Type and Go To Script.

Regards,
Geoff

Thanks, all good now

K

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: