Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CM conference issue with IVR

Hi ,

We have a setup with Cisco CM 9.1.1 and we are trying to do conference with an IVR. the scenario as follow.

Extension 1 - 1000 Extension 2 - 2000 and IVR number - 88888.

We have a route partern 88888 pointed to a Sip trunk to the GW. In the GW we have g711u-law and G729 codec in voice class codec.

Steps

1.1000 calls 2000 and then 1000 makes a conference 88888.

2. Once the conferenced is initiated 1000 and 2000 are unable to here the IVR voice.

If one of the party disconnects the call then the other will here the IVR voice. From the phone i can see that G729 codec is been used for conference.

We are using the software CFB and by default it should use g.711. Phones and Trunk have no CSS and partion and both are in same device pool.

Its clear that codec negotiation is not happening.

Can any one suggest a solution for this issue or what needs to be configured better.

Thanks,

Rahul

• Contact Center
10 REPLIES

can you force your extensions to talk G711 together?

Hi oabulaban,

Thanks for your reply

I am not  able to make my extension to talk in G711.  From Device pool  and region the phone will take the G711 codec. Is there any there option where we can force phone to talk to G711 codec. i mean any phone setting apart from Region .

Thanks ,

Rahul

As per my knowledge, this is all in the "Region" thing. The "Default" region uses G722 and G711 codecs. So, if both are in the same region, they would use one of those 2 codecs. Out of experience, always disable "announce g722" from the enterprise parameters

On the gateway for incoming calls, set the dialpeer codec to g711ulaw, and not a codec class that contains g711 and g729

This should force everything to work in G711

Hi oabulaban,

Both phones are in same region and the Trunk and phones are in same DP and Same Region where the Codec is G711 and G722.   We dont have a incoming gateway as the call is from the one phone to the other. The gateway pointed to the IVR transfer have G711 codec. In enterprise parameters there is an option "Advertise G.722 codec" disabled are you saying the same thing.

Yes, i was saying exact same thing

So, when you make a call from 1 phone to the other, without the conference, it displays G729 as the codec as well, or only when in conference?

Advertise G.722 codec" disabled by default.

phone to phone call uses g711 and only during conference it display G729.

one thing I forgot to ask, is this UCCE or UCCX?

second thing, when you call the IVR directly from 1 phone, is it g729 or g711 ?

Actual requirement is UCCE but currently i am testing in IPT scenario were the 88888 pattern will route to a gateway which invokes self service.

It's using G711 codec when we call the IVR directly.

Re:CM conference issue with IVR

so, the self service is a tcl script on the voice gateway? is the prompt on the voice gateway recorded in g711 or g729?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Views
Helpful
Replies