Cisco Support Community

Co-resident CVP Call Server/VXML Server - Using Call.RoutingClient

I recall looking at this a while ago (see the SRND page 12-2) and thinking it provides a neat solution for sites without a CSS or ACE to completely balance the VXML load.

The VXML Application (Studio app) would always run on the same machine as the Call Server handling the call, providing some degree of fault tolerance. If the whole machine is down, the SIP Proxy or SRV won't choose that Call Server from the voice gateway, so there would be no attempt to run the VXML app on the box. And if you had the Web server there too, you can send Call.RoutingClient to the VXML app to make it look for WAV files on the same box. Logs for the one call would be on the same box too.

The idea is simple: set the ECC variable media_server to concatenate("http://",Call.RoutingClient,":7000/CVP") and create a matching ip host table entry - something like

ip host CVP1.RC

ip host CVP1.RC-backup

It works very nicely for calls from the PSTN.

But I was experimenting with this for Recording Agent Greetings - and this call comes from the agent's phone/desktop. Surprisingly, it did not work. And the reason: even though there is a Send To VRU to get the call from CUCM to CVP, CUCM is still the routing client so we can't use the same trick.

Somehow I thought the Send To VRU would change the RC.

The method also won't work for other CUMC-originated calls: such as warm transfer to a Studio app or calling a self-service Studio app from an IP phone.

CreatePlease to create content