Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration for conference to CVP from a TDM ACD

michael_oldham
Level 1
Level 1

The topology is Nortel ACD's using CVP.

A call lands on a gateway is serviced by CVP and then lands on an agent that is a Nortel agent. So far so good as this is explained well in the manuals.

The agent wishes to conference the CVP into the conversation for a pin validation using a translation route. I will be programmitcally putting the agent on hold while the customer enters their pin.

In the documentation only a Call Manager scenario is explained. I need to know if the above scenario can be done in a TDM environment.

3 Replies 3

jwolfeld
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

CVP does not have the capability of managing three call legs simultaneously. That is a feature that certain ICM NIC's can do, but CVP cannot. So you have to fake it using the ACD's conferencing mechanisms.

I don't know whether anybody's actually done this before, but it seems to me it should be possible. The ACD should be able to make a route request to ICM and get a translation route DNIS label back. This label has to be configured with the ACD as its routing client, not CVP. It is NOT a Network Transfer.

Then the ACD could conference in a second leg, an outgoing call to the DNIS it was given, which will make a TDM connection to a CVP ingress gateway. CVP, which does NOT recognize this as the same call, does a RequestInstruction followed by its usual comprehensive mode transfer to VRU (this is ICM 7.0, hopefully?) - but that's inside the VoIP network and doesn't affect the Nortel. At this point all three parties are talking. How you get the ACD to block the agent then from hearing the PIN code is something I don't know. But after the caller enters his PIN code, the ICM script can do a RELEASE, which will hang up the CVP leg from the ACD.

Do you see any holes in that?

- Jeff W.

Jeff

Thanks for your posting. It is ICM 5.0. Since I will be doing a translation route to CVP I assume I will need an additional type 2 VB/App server?

So when the agent has conferenced CVP and the customer I assume that when I put the agent on hold I do not need a MTP resource since CVP is still on the call with the customer?

Mike,

You're correct. For the benefit of others who may be reading this, prior to ICM 7.0, any transfer into CVP which begins at a Route Request-based routing client (such as an ACD or a Call Routing Interface VRU or even a Call Manager) must go through two physically distinct CVP call control machines. I won't go into the reasons for that here, except to say that it's a relic of ICM configuration requirements which has been fixed in ICM 7.0.

MTP resources are a call manager thing. You don't need MTP resources because you're not using call manager. You do however need the TDM equivalent of an MTP resource: a second TDM trunk coming out of the ACD to do the conferenced leg.