cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring IPPA for redundant UCCX7 hosts

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

I am working on configuring single-button sign-on IPPA for phones via Phone Services on CUCM7 to log agents in to Contact Center Express 7 configured with two redundant hosts. Here is the URL that is supposed to be configured on IPPA;

http://XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX:6293/ipphone/jsp/sciphonexml/IPAgentLogin.jsp

When I use a single IP address, it works fine and I am able to log in. When I use a DNS entry (like "callcenter.domain.com"), it won't work. This alias is pointed to both IPCC express hosts in DNS. Has anyone run into this?

-Shikamaru

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming that the phone has a valid DNS server configured, it should work IF the resolved IP address equals the node that is in service.

Where this breaks is if the phone attempts to communicate with the standby node. You'll need a load balancer that can figure this out for you. The phone always gets the virtual IP of the load balancer. The load balancer determines which CCX node is responding properly and forwards the traffic accordingly. As luck would have it, Cisco sells those too.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming that the phone has a valid DNS server configured, it should work IF the resolved IP address equals the node that is in service.

Where this breaks is if the phone attempts to communicate with the standby node. You'll need a load balancer that can figure this out for you. The phone always gets the virtual IP of the load balancer. The load balancer determines which CCX node is responding properly and forwards the traffic accordingly. As luck would have it, Cisco sells those too.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: