Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring sticky agent on UCCX

Hello, I am currently trying to configure this functinoality on UCCX 8.5.1:

If a caller rings back within 30 minutes, I would like him to be transferred to the same agent that handled the previous call if it is in Ready State. Otherwise it should be transferred to the next available agent.

I know this can be done with the Session steps, mapping the calling number. I have checked Cisco Reference Documents and tried some test scripts, but I can´t get it work yet. I would need some help about how to implement this.

Thank you very much,

Héctor

2 Replies 2

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

There's two assumptions in this approach you want to be careful of:

1. Sessions always last 30 minutes
  2. You don't end sessions when the call ends

The safer, and more reliable approach to this would be to store the calls in a database as soon as the agent picks the call up, and then have the script query that database for new calls that come in.  You'd want to enable something like a nightly/hourly scheduled job to purge entries from the table that are past your 30 minute threshold.

I'm not able to prove or disprove your existing approach, but based on experience, it could have holes that you'd end up having to deal with down the road.

By the way, I love this concept of sticky agent transfer, and I think I'll be pitching it to our team managers internally.

Hello Paul, for the moment I would like to implement it with Session steps, to see how it works and check the performance of the server.

The problem is that I can´t get it to work because I don´t know the exact steps to configure it.

Thank you,

Héctor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: